Sign in to follow this  
Duncan

catwalks in Temples?

Posted (edited)

Can you think of a reason why a Temple would have a catwalk? and before anyone asks, no cats are allowed in or fashion shows? I have a friend who is working on our Temple and they constructed a catwalk but doesn't know why? I have nothing!!!

Edited by Duncan

Um, do you mean a "catwalk" like this?

Claudia_Bertolero_Miami_Fashion_Week.jpg

Or like this?

Everyman-Palace-Cork-Ireland_websize.jpg

If the former, then I can't imagine the temples having one.  However, I could envision the latter type.  The Provo Temple, for example, has projectors above the entrance door of each Endowment Room.  These days, the playing of the film is automated, but years ago perhaps it took someone to be up there to stop and start the film.  And since there are six endowment rooms, perhaps there is a "catwalk"-type of arrangement that allowed for temple workers to go from one projector to another.

Just thinking out loud.

Thanks,

-Smac

• Like 4

Is it a permanent catwalk or temporary? Those are put up temporarily when doing construction or renovation work.
Is it in the attic above the ceiling for access to various spaces up there? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAHS said:

Is it a permanent catwalk or temporary? Those are put up temporarily when doing construction or renovation work.
Is it in the attic above the ceiling for access to various spaces up there? 

that I don't know!

23 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Can you think of a reason why a Temple would have a catwalk? and before anyone asks, no cats are allowed in or fashion shows? I have a friend who is working on our Temple and they constructed a catwalk but doesn't know why? I have nothing!!!

Ah.  "They constructed a catwalk" makes my post someone off-topic.

Which temple is it?  I have a brother-in-law who is working on an extensive project at the Denver Temple.  He is a journeyman electrician, and also endowed, so they sent him to upgrade some of the electrical stuff (IIRC, something to do with upgrading to LEDs).  I could see a need for catwalks for such work to be done.

Which temple is it that you are referencing?

Thanks,

-Smac

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smac97 said:

Ah.  "They constructed a catwalk" makes my post someone off-topic.

Which temple is it?  I have a brother-in-law who is working on an extensive project at the Denver Temple.  He is a journeyman electrician, and also endowed, so they sent him to upgrade some of the electrical stuff (IIRC, something to do with upgrading to LEDs).  I could see a need for catwalks for such work to be done.

Which temple is it that you are referencing?

Thanks,

-Smac

not Denver, but Winnipeg!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a catwalk round the outside of the Winnipeg temple during construction.  
Photos

winnipeg-manitoba-temple-6119.thumb.jpg.6fcb8dc27c413adb66621a5b1fb8caef.jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JAHS said:

There is a catwalk round the outside of the Winnipeg temple during construction.  
Photos

winnipeg-manitoba-temple-6119.thumb.jpg.6fcb8dc27c413adb66621a5b1fb8caef.jpg

where am I seeing a catwalk here?!

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

where am I seeing a catwalk here?!

It's those framed scaffolds workers use to stand on while working on the outside of the building. I call them catwalks but most people probably just call them scaffolds.  They are temporary.

• Like 3

They may be used for the paintings or other finish work.

• Like 1

Your topic goes well with what I saw today...

htbfcnd8xoe31.png

32 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

htbfcnd8xoe31.png

😵😵😵😵😵😵😵

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

htbfcnd8xoe31.png

I second  Duncan's response.  😮

3 hours ago, Tacenda said:

htbfcnd8xoe31.png

Uhhh-?

5 hours ago, Tacenda said:

htbfcnd8xoe31.png

Do you have a link? I cannot find anything on this and that is making me suspicious. I am not saying it is untrue outright but this would not be the first time you posted a wild story with no factual basis.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Do you have a link? I cannot find anything on this and that is making me suspicious. I am not saying it is untrue outright but this would not be the first time you posted a wild story with no factual basis.

Thanks for the confidence. 🙄

I saw it on reddit, someone that has signed up for their emails for casting calls. http://ldsavdcasting.blogspot.com//

When I posted it, I wasn't making out like the church is doing anything wrong, just thought of it when people showed the catwalk, since I'd seen it only minutes before. What is everyone worried about?

Edited by Tacenda

27 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

. What is everyone worried about?

Potato sacks make for very dull fashion shows is all. 

37 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

I saw it on reddit, someone that has signed up for their emails for casting calls. http://ldsavdcasting.blogspot.com//

When I posted it, I wasn't making out like the church is doing anything wrong, just thought of it when people showed the catwalk, since I'd seen it only minutes before. What is everyone worried about?

When you post links to articles that do not support your summary of it here several times I am going to be dubious of future claims. It is not a moral judgement.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with it. It is just odd. I could see some kind of presentation of designs but why would you need a full “show”? Then again I am not a COB employee and do not understand what this is for. I found the Reddit post but the caption is gone from the post. Presumably this is for a live and also possibly a remote audience from overseas is figuring out what dresses they should stock for rental in the temple? Only thing that makes sense to me. Don’t most women in the US buy their own dress?

I found the reddit post and it was posted the day the ad on the LDS website would be pulled off the site. Suspicious and the way the ad was worded was horrendous but that does not mean it is faked. If I were Snopes this would go under possibly true.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Potato sacks make for very dull fashion shows is all. 

I would not characterize most LDS dresses as potato sacks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tacenda said:

I believe he meant in the original poster, wanted to see more context. I doubt he thought you made it up.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

When you post links to articles that do not support your summary of it here several times I am going to be dubious of future claims. It is not a moral judgement.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with it. It is just odd. I could see some kind of presentation of designs but why would you need a full “show”? Then again I am not a COB employee and do not understand what this is for. I found the Reddit post but the caption is gone from the post. Presumably this is for a live and also possibly a remote audience from overseas is figuring out what dresses they should stock for rental in the temple? Only thing that makes sense to me. Don’t most women in the US buy their own dress?

I found the reddit post and it was posted the day the ad on the LDS website would be pulled off the site. Suspicious and the way the ad was worded was horrendous but that does not mean it is faked. If I were Snopes this would go under possibly true.

Some dresses are offered through the Church store, they change styles from time to time.  I was thinking they were surveying for which styles would be most popular.  A fashion show because how it looks on a page may look different in 3D  maybe they had different models of different sizes to ensure the dress worked for wide range  

I wonder if anyone used the way back machine to save the alleged casting call.

Edited by Calm

23 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

I would not characterize most LDS dresses as potato sacks.

And I do refer to the temple rental dresses as potato sack dresses.  It’s a common reference in my area. No big deal worth arguing over. 

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

And I do refer to the temple rental dresses as potato sack dresses.  It’s a common reference in my area. No big deal worth arguing over. 

ccb853124fe86b5badd06d52f234409e03d8227d

Did someone say, catwalks?

image.png.e82a81fb1383cc59ce6fcaf5f7e4f70a.png

What? :huh:

Oh. :unknw:

Sorry. :(

Couldn't resist! :D;)