Sign in to follow this  
provoman

RFM reveals himself

At Sunstone today, RFM did a question and answer, at one point he was behind a curtain, then at some point he revealed himself.

Just now, provoman said:

At Sunstone today, RFM did a question and answer, at one point he was behind a curtain, then at some point he revealed himself.

Do you know if this was planned?  Or was the reveal more like ‘oh, why bother anymore?’

is he ashamed he's from Kansas?😝

• Like 2

Who?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Calm said:

Do you know if this was planned?  Or was the reveal more like ‘oh, why bother anymore?’

I do not know. I imagine it is why bother anymore

13 minutes ago, mnn727 said:

Who?

The voice/person behind Radio Free Mormon.

5 minutes ago, provoman said:

The voice/person behind Radio Free Mormon.

Radio Free What?

• Like 1

Consig?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Consig?

Yep.  I actually liked him when he posted here.  Much more reasonable than most critics.

• Like 4

They’re still milking this thing?

I thought we had his identity nailed here the other day, including the name. I don’t even remember it now. Thats how important this is to me. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JLHPROF said:

Yep.  I actually liked him when he posted here.  Much more reasonable than most critics.

If you call drive-by, one-line insults reasonable. 

• Like 1

Not sure the analogy always holds up....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Free_Europe/Radio_Liberty

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, JLHPROF said:

I don’t know. I mostly remember him from his pre-critic days when he kept posting his “bullseye” threads. Was he trying to convince himself? I don’t know. I felt the same about Kerry Shirts. Could be way off base on that, but just my thoughts.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, LoudmouthMormon said:

Wait - Consiglieri was a critic?  It's been waaaay long, but I remember he was one of my favorite posters.

Same here, I liked him, I did not know he became a critic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Judd said:

I don’t know. I mostly remember him from his pre-critic days when he kept posting his “bullseye” threads. Was he trying to convince himself? I don’t know. I felt the same about Kerry Shirts. Could be way off base on that, but just my thoughts.

That is how I remember it. He was struggling for a while.   I think at one time he was the gospel doctrine teacher in his ward. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sunstoned said:

That is how I remember it. He was struggling for a while.   I think at one time he was the gospel doctrine teacher in his ward. 

Yes I remember him asking questions here to help him teach his class

Did he reveal his real name?

Edited by mfbukowski

4 hours ago, JLHPROF said:

I know you prefer your critics minus any criticism.  Compared to the pure vitriol given by most I don't recall Consig being all that bad.

ETA http://www.mormondialogue.org/profile/3108-consiglieri/content/?type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

Took a look at his last posts here.  I stand by my preference among critics.

I don’t need to take a look.  I remember only too well his last posts before he was banned. He was good at talking trash. Fairly intelligent but apparently didn’t want to bother showing it here. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mfbukowski said:

Yes I remember him asking questions here to help him teach his class

Did he reveal his real name?

Not here. He’s an attorney by profession. He used his expertise to get the BYU-PD to turn over its interview records in the Denson case. He discussed his efforts on Mormon Discussions and, I think, his podcast. His name came up in news coverage from his nosing around in the Denson case. It was easy to put two and two together and learn his name, but I’ve forgotten it now. I could try to find it, but, like I say, I’m not that interested. 

In fact, I’ve lost interest in this thread. 

Edited by Scott Lloyd
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

If you call drive-by, one-line insults reasonable. 

a1ed60be00fbe5fee6ee7ba6edf9286c76b94324

I have used many reasonable drive by one line insults.

• Like 2