Sign in to follow this  
Maidservant

An interesting editorial about millennial religion

It's focus starts out on nuns but as the article progresses, I think it has interesting observations about all religious and 'meaning' choices.

Millennial Nuns

• Like 1

The article would make a great discussion topic for an Institute or YMYW Fireside.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rpn said:

The article would make a great discussion topic for an Institute or YMYW Fireside.

Yes, I think there is a lot in there that could fit nicely in the elements of The Church of Jesus Christ, both to consider embracing as well as healthy examination.

18 hours ago, Maidservant said:

Millennial Nuns

This is so utterly different than confident claims that religion is over in the West and there is no way back for it.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

This is so utterly different than confident claims that religion is over in the West and there is no way back for it.  

Some times I will hear from Muslim activists (who have anti-America ish as part of their activism) about the godlessness and secularism of America and I'm like . . . you have never been here, that's all I have to say.  Now I'm not saying our versions of God are all healthy, but honey, we've got him on every street corner.

Edited by Maidservant
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 10:24 AM, Maidservant said:

Yes, I think there is a lot in there that could fit nicely in the elements of The Church of Jesus Christ, both to consider embracing as well as healthy examination.

And to help the youth ask themselves who they can or need to be, and why.

What I got from the article is that the premise is that young people are less about believing specific cosmos concepts but still searching for a focused path and a real time community.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this