Seriously No Politics ×

Best Interlinear Bibles and Commentaries

1 hour ago, PacMan said:

Thanks, all.

What about a hard copy interlinear?  I've looked at a lot of options and I'm just not certain of the quality.  It looks like there are a lot of Strong knock-offs with quality problems.

I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Greek-English-Interlinear-Testament-Personal-Size/dp/0842345647

I'm very happy with it. The critical text it uses is a bit outdated now (NA26). So, for example, it has "Junias" (masc.) in Romans 16:7 whereas more recent editions have "Junia" (fem.). But overall I'd recommend it for folks like myself whose Koine doesn't extend much beyond the letters of the alphabet.

9 hours ago, PacMan said:

Thanks, all.

What about a hard copy interlinear?  I've looked at a lot of options and I'm just not certain of the quality.  It looks like there are a lot of Strong knock-offs with quality problems.

The best interlinear in my collection is this one published by Tyndale.

If you would prefer a more conservative modern translation, though, this ESV interlinear is good.

Finally, if you would prefer a King James text alongside the interlinear, this one is pretty good, I think. It has KJV on one side and NIV on the other, to help with understanding the text.