Seriously No Politics ×

Temple square survey?

I got a temple square survey and some of the questions were rather peculiar, such as there being a difference between a historical site and a religious site, how much do you know about Temple square-Quite a bit or quite a lot ?(what's the difference?) another one was what do you think was the overall theme was for Temple square, well i've never been so i'm going to assume the Temple???? I realize this is all in anticipation for the renos for the Temple and the square and they are reaching out to people to get input. Anybody else get this survey?

2 hours ago, Duncan said:

I got a temple square survey and some of the questions were rather peculiar, such as there being a difference between a historical site and a religious site, how much do you know about Temple square-Quite a bit or quite a lot ?(what's the difference?) another one was what do you think was the overall theme was for Temple square, well i've never been so i'm going to assume the Temple???? I realize this is all in anticipation for the renos for the Temple and the square and they are reaching out to people to get input. Anybody else get this survey?

No, and it sounds like it was very poorly conceived.

2 hours ago, Duncan said:

I have done a survey when they were redesigning the historic sites on LDS.org.  They got really picky in what they were asking, apparently to make it as user friendly as possible.

I think there needs to be differentiation between historic and primarily religious to explain why temples are, but other sites are not restricted.

Edited by Calm
17 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

I recently got a survey from the church. First question asked which states I had visited in the last 5 years. I checked off just one.... then there were no more questions.. ???

that's weird, I checked off just one as well but it kept going!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Tacenda said:

I received this survey recently. It was quite eye opening that the church needs this feedback, aren't the leaders in tune enough to make this particular decision? 

https://lds.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cIay79YUBpUIG3P?Q_DL=d4Q7qlEQWjKx5s1_cIay79YUBpUIG3P_MLRP_8kQmMNnTChGQO0J&Q_CHL=email

It isn’t showing any info. How about a summary?

2 hours ago, Calm said:

It isn’t showing any info. How about a summary?

Thanks for letting me know. I guess the link no longer works because as I was answering through, I didn't want to complete it and backed out and caused it to do that.

It was something that they are adding to the church handbook and they were asking over and over the way it should look. I'm sorry that I can't remember more than that. 

Edited by Tacenda
On 7/14/2019 at 10:34 AM, Tacenda said:

I received this survey recently. It was quite eye opening that the church needs this feedback, aren't the leaders in tune enough to make this particular decision? 

https://lds.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cIay79YUBpUIG3P?Q_DL=d4Q7qlEQWjKx5s1_cIay79YUBpUIG3P_MLRP_8kQmMNnTChGQO0J&Q_CHL=email

Revelation involves studying things out. Also even when you get a directive on what to do, how to explain it needs a knowledge of how the populace views it. That's something Hinkley in particular was extremely skilled at. It's the #1 place I think the Church misses his influence from the 70's through his death.