Sign in to follow this  
MustardSeed

What motivates you to live the WOW?

Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 12:30 PM, The Nehor said:

Yet there is no record of Jesus eating pork because he followed the Law.

Was Jesus a Nazarite?  I thought his water to wine miracle was a big deal - excellent fermentation takes time, but this would run counter to the nazarite code of ethics.  This miracle did not involve a flavor enhancer hidden in his robe from Walmart.  

Edited by blueglass

22 minutes ago, blueglass said:

Was Jesus a Nazarite?  I thought his water to wine miracle was a big deal - excellent fermentation takes time, but this would run counter to the nazarite code of ethics.  This miracle did not involve a flavor enhancer hidden in his robe from Walmart.  

No, Jesus was not a Nazarite.

16 hours ago, Stargazer said:

No, Jesus was not a Nazarite.

Often confused with Nazarene.

On 7/11/2019 at 9:28 AM, mfbukowski said:

Ever heard the Grateful Dead song talking about "weed whites and wine"?

Hardcore deadicated deadhead here to correct you. That’s not a Dead song—it’s Little Feat (“Willing”). 

The Dead do sing: “living on reds, vitamin c, and cocaine” in “Truckin’”

Anyone catch Dead and Company on their summer tour? I saw the two shows in Boulder CO. Great music, great scene. I’m always missing Jerry, though...

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

... Anyone catch Dead and Company on their summer tour? I saw the two shows in Boulder CO. Great music, great scene. I’m always missing Jerry, though...

May he rest in peace!  (On the bright side, he did get a B&J's Ice Cream flavor named after him, though!) :DB:)  https://www.benjerry.com/flavors/cherry-garcia-ice-cream

P.S.: As hazardous as the overconsumption of B&J's might be, though, I'd wager, if I were wont to wager, that it's (quite) a bit less hazardous to one's health than "reds ... and cocaine"! :shok::blink:

Edited by Kenngo1969
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MiserereNobis said:

Hardcore deadicated deadhead here to correct you. That’s not a Dead song—it’s Little Feat (“Willing”). 

The Dead do sing: “living on reds, vitamin c, and cocaine” in “Truckin’”

Anyone catch Dead and Company on their summer tour? I saw the two shows in Boulder CO. Great music, great scene. I’m always missing Jerry, though...

Yeah you are DEAD right- I messed that one up big time.   After I figured it out I was sure you would call me on it!!  ;)

You have that great AM classic rock radio station in Las Cruces- drove through there a couple of months ago and man that was a great station!.

I got it for 3 or 4 hours straight first on the approach as it got stronger and then as it faded into the distance the hissing and static just got to be too much.  I forgot the call letters- would like to get that one on the internet if it's available!   Those DJ's know their stuff!!  It's got interviews and all kinds of gems in the programming- great stuff.

Edited by mfbukowski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenngo1969 said:

P.S.: As hazardous as the overconsumption of B&J's might be, though, I'd wager, if I were wont to wager, that it's (quite) a bit less hazardous to one's health than "reds ... and cocaine"! :shok::blink:

Oh yeah it will definitely kill you.  but it will be "fun"!  :)

But I have it on good authority that it is about the best remedy for a long sleepy drive, having fun all the way.  :)

Just in case someone cares- that "authority" was someone I knew well 50 years ago and is not relevant to present experience. ;)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mfbukowski said:

Oh yeah it will definitely kill you.  but it will be "fun"!  :)

But I have it on good authority that it is about the best remedy for a long sleepy drive, having fun all the way.  :)

Just in case someone cares- that "authority" was someone I knew well 50 years ago and is not relevant to present experience. ;)

Don't worry, Mark.  God won't punish you for past sins!  (Repentance is a wonderful thing!!!) :D

Edited by Kenngo1969

1 hour ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Don't worry, Mark.  God won't punish you for past sins!  (Repentance is a wonderful thing!!!) :D

When I joined the church, I read the D&C deliberately because I knew that was where the WoW was, and I would take on every commandment as I read through it all, approaching the dreaded section 89.  

I finally got there

That was it.  I threw away my tobacco and booze and quit coffee on the spot.  NONE of the above since that day nearly 40 years ago in Sept 79.   I have never regretted that day.

I am only telling this story since folks might believe that my joking around still applies to how I act today since my relativism is often misinterpreted.   I know the value of obedience even though  I have a big mouth and who knows what will happen when my gums start flapping.  

I am an expert on repentance because I have had to practice it so much.  ;)

Still got a lot more to do.  Just ask my wife.  ;)

• Like 2