Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MustardSeed

What motivates you to live the WOW?

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

To be fair though you have never kissed me.

As far as we know. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, pogi said:

I grew up on it too and love it.  

Funny, I too mix mine with hot chocolate at about 50/50 ratio.   It is the perfect combo because the Postum tames the sweetness of the hot chocolate (WAY too sweet) and adds a tasteful and well complemented complexity to the flavor.

Postum is pretty concentrated. I have to sneak up on it or it can be unbearably bitter. 

I recall the morning I made a cup all by myself for the first time. I told my dad and mom it tasted funny. Upon investigation, they found I had used two heaping teaspoons — just like Nestle’s Quik. They taught me that one level teaspoon is plenty for a cup of Postum. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Thinking said:

Back in the mid-90's my wife and I were shopping at Food 4 Less in Provo. We passed by a display of caffeine free Mountain Dew. I looked at my wife and asked, "Why?" That's the only time I ever saw CFMD.

So you admittedly like it for the chemical buzz then? I don’t. The flavor alone is plenty satisfying to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Maureen said:

Does this mean you have actually tasted paint thinner?

M.

No, but I can extrapolate from the smell. I doubt CB has tasted boiled hay. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Calm said:

They had it in Canada as nothing that wasn’t cola looking could have caffeine in it. I think the law has been changed though. 

A pity. There’s no reason for, say, orange soda or cream soda or root beer to contain caffeine other than to get consumers hooked on the chemical buzz and to keep them buying the brand. It’s diabolical. 

Edited by Scott Lloyd

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

As far as we know. 

I think I would have remembered.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

So you admittedly like it for the chemical buzz then? I don’t. The flavor alone is plenty satisfying to me. 

I like it for the taste. The caffeine is a bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Postum is pretty concentrated. I have to sneak up on it or it can be unbearably bitter. 

I recall the morning I made a cup all by myself for the first time. I told my dad and mom it tasted funny. Upon investigation, they found I had used two heaping teaspoons — just like Nestle’s Quik. They taught me that one level teaspoon is plenty for a cup of Postum. 

Such a touching Mormon boy coming of age story.  Chocking down his first cup of Postum.  Like I said, a true test of a  testimony..  And at that moment is there any doubt in anyone’s mind that Scott Lloyd would become, well, Scott Lloyd. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I assume it usually just cured a bout of joy or happiness?

Well, it was fun giving a glass to friends who asked what I was drinking. Looked like iced tea.

It was good for setting attitudes aright,  also.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

I think I would have remembered.

Doesn't say much about your kisses if she isn't sure.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

Doesn't say much about your kisses if she isn't sure.

Well, they have been described as “like a dream” so maybe she is not sure they really happened. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone have a scan of the original letter from Hyrum Smith defining what forbidden drinks were covered for being too hot?  What year was it that Joseph F. Smith finally quit indulging in alcohol?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, california boy said:

Never had Vegemite tea, but plenty of Vegemite sandwiches.  I actually like them.  Got used to them on my mission in NZ. So maybe I would like the tea version.  Do you recommend it?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/9/2019 at 3:02 AM, JulieM said:

Oh wow!  How much did they put in the shake?  That’s awful!!!

like 5000 mg of caffeine.  or the equivalent of 50 cups of coffee at once.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Disagree. I grew up drinking it. It’s not too bad. These days, I add it to hot chocolate for a flavor boost. Very nice. 

Of course, I wouldn’t drink cola even without the caffeine. To me, it tastes like paint thinner. 

So there’s no accounting for taste, I guess. 

I do like Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew. I wish they made non-caff versions of them. 

They make un caffeinated dr pepper. what would be the point to that? 

My husband jokes abour buying it for me. No Thanks

Caffeine free barq's root beer is bad enough.  I miss the real stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, cherryTreez said:

like 5000 mg of caffeine.  or the equivalent of 50 cups of coffee at once.

Ooohh!

My goodness, gracious!

That'll do it! :(

Condolences to his family and friends.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, california boy said:

Such a touching Mormon boy coming of age story.  Chocking down his first cup of Postum.  Like I said, a true test of a  testimony..  And at that moment is there any doubt in anyone’s mind that Scott Lloyd would become, well, Scott Lloyd. 

It wasn’t my first cup by any means, just the first I had tried to make rather than having it made for me. I had had many, many cups up to then, and there was no coming of age about it. We drank it from the time we were able to sit up unassisted at the breakfast table. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, cherryTreez said:

They make un caffeinated dr pepper. what would be the point to that? 

My husband jokes abour buying it for me. No Thanks

Caffeine free barq's root beer is bad enough.  I miss the real stuff.

Again, I don’t drink anything for the chemical buzz. That would be a reason for me to avoid it. 

Uncaffeinated Barq’s Is the only kind you can buy in my part of the country. It’s not my favorite brand, but it’s good enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

It’s not my favorite brand, but it’s good enough. 

Barq’s toothless without caffeine. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Calm said:

Barq’s toothless without caffeine. 

Doesn’t say a great deal for it as a brand, then. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, cherryTreez said:

like 5000 mg of caffeine.  or the equivalent of 50 cups of coffee at once.

Yep that would do it.  Heart was probably beating so fast the blood could not get in, to fill it to pump it out.  It would just quiver like jelly without being able to pump.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, mfbukowski said:

Yep that would do it.  Heart was probably beating so fast the blood could not get in, to fill it to pump it out.  It would just quiver like jelly without being able to pump.

Where's ERMD when you need him! :huh::unknw:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Again, I don’t drink anything for the chemical buzz. That would be a reason for me to avoid it. 

Uncaffeinated Barq’s Is the only kind you can buy in my part of the country. It’s not my favorite brand, but it’s good enough. 

As a kid, My mom refused to let us have it because of the caffeine.  She made a huge deal of it as she chugged diet pepsi.   It was served to kids because it was root beer. I have it at friend's houses all the time. I liked it and don't drink the it here because it's weak without the caffeine in it.  

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Uncaffeinated Barq’s Is the only kind you can buy in my part of the country. It’s not my favorite brand, but it’s good enough. 

Bleh. Barq's is just a half-step above 'store brand' root beer in my opinion. 

What you really need to get your hands on is a case of Abita Root Beer - made in Abita Springs, LA. You're probably outside their regional distribution area, so you probably won't be able to get it at a regular grocery store. If you ever happen to run into it at a Whole Foods or some other specialty shop, be sure to grab it; you won't be disappointed.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Amulek said:

Bleh. Barq's is just a half-step above 'store brand' root beer in my opinion. 

What you really need to get your hands on is a case of Abita Root Beer - made in Abita Springs, LA. You're probably outside their regional distribution area, so you probably won't be able to get it at a regular grocery store. If you ever happen to run into it at a Whole Foods or some other specialty shop, be sure to grab it; you won't be disappointed.

 

Whole Foods sells root beer? I thought their thing was health food. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...