Sign in to follow this  
Duncan

The no ward mission leaders change

Posted (edited)

To be honest I think a lot of the new changes are misunderstood.

like home teaching, we still have home teaching by a new name, but people think it’s no more. When you read the handbooks it still the same 123 but now they added 123456789, so were not put into a little box.

the ward mission leader can be a member of the elders presidency, but I only see this happening if the ward is very small.

its a numbers game.

ward mission leader- 100 percent focus missionary work.

counselor in elders quorum- maybe 30 percent focus from other tasks or may even take a back seat if the person is not missionary minded.

Edited by Doctrine 612
  • Like 1

Sorry to use this thread, I'm on "limited" and unable to post a topic, but needed to give a response to the thread that was locked that had to do with Pres. Ballard's statement about the urgency missionaries may feel to invite baptism on the first or second contact. We were quibbling over whether Pres. Ballard said something or not. Well, I emailed Sarah who is the editer of Church News, and she replied. I thought some might like to see this. 

Here is what I wrote:

I have a question concerning a quote by Elder Ballard in your article. It was mentioned in the c/p below that church leaders don't know where the practice started, did Elder Ballard say that? I see a closed quote but wondering if he said "Church leaders don't know where these practices began" as well. Thanks for any help, just needing to clear it up for some friends and myself. Or if there is a transcript of this talk I would like to read that. Sincerely, *********

Church leaders don’t know where these practices began, but “it was never our intention to invite people to be baptized before they had learned something about the gospel, felt the Holy Ghost, and had been properly prepared to accept a lifelong commitment to follow Jesus Christ,” said President Ballard. “Our retention rates will dramatically increase when people desire to be baptized because of the spiritual experiences they are having rather than feeling pressured into being baptized by our missionaries.”

Here is her response:

Thanks for your question. That is a paraphrase of what he said. 
Sarah Weaver

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 11:40 AM Church News <[email protected]> wrote:

In our ward we have had a similar disillusionment as to who is leading missionary work in the ward - the EQP or Ward mission leader considering they were released from attending ward council meetings we thought the calling would soon be disbanded.  Entire ward mission leadership released last Sunday and all ward missionaries.

3 hours ago, blueglass said:

In our ward we have had a similar disillusionment as to who is leading missionary work in the ward - the EQP or Ward mission leader considering they were released from attending ward council meetings we thought the calling would soon be disbanded.  Entire ward mission leadership released last Sunday and all ward missionaries.

Oops.