Seriously No Politics ×

175 years ago today

5 hours ago, JLHPROF said:

carthage-jail-sculpture-1687736-w.jpg

Praise to God for sending his prophet to bring light back to the earth.  

D&C 135:3 Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it.

low

low

I was there 25 years ago, during the broadcast from the Jail, marking 150th year. I was interviewed by a local TV station, and appeared on TV with President Hinckley, Elder Ballard, and one other member. I was able to meet in person, then with President Hunter the next day at Nauvoo. It was unplanned trip we made there, and after our arrival a wonderful chain of events transpired that led to this and many other great experiences.

4 hours ago, The Nehor said:

The ends of the earth shall inquire after thy name, and fools shall have thee in derision, and hell shall rage against thee;

While the pure in heart, and the wise, and the noble, and the virtuous, shall seek counsel, and authority, and blessings constantly from under thy hand.

And thy people shall never be turned against thee by the testimony of traitors.

And although their influence shall cast thee into trouble, and into bars and walls, thou shalt be had in honor; and but for a small moment and thy voice shall be more terrible in the midst of thine enemies than the fierce lion, because of thy righteousness; and thy God shall stand by thee forever and ever.

Can't wait to meet him and I hope those speculative stories of Joseph returning to lead us to or help build up the center place of Zion are true either in spirit or clothed in flesh. Come back soon Joseph. We miss you. Hopefully unlike last time you will be able to bear your soul to us like you could not in life.

In case anyone thinks I am committing sacrilege or worshipping him I would be much more excited at the Savior coming in glory so that all can see him and the complete healing can commence. Much much more. Okay, now I am crying. Time to stop.

Wow Nehor.  I don't think I've see this side of you before.  And I completely echo your sentiments.

(And I happen to be one who believes those speculative stories so hopefully you get your wish.)

3 minutes ago, JLHPROF said:

Wow Nehor.  I don't think I've see this side of you before.  And I completely echo your sentiments.

(And I happen to be one who believes those speculative stories so hopefully you get your wish.)

Notched up my brain medication dose today. Who knows if it will last.

I have always been like that.....just usually do not share. I blame the medication.....

....but it felt good to write.

Edited by The Nehor
9 hours ago, The Nehor said:

The ends of the earth shall inquire after thy name, and fools shall have thee in derision, and hell shall rage against thee;

While the pure in heart, and the wise, and the noble, and the virtuous, shall seek counsel, and authority, and blessings constantly from under thy hand.

And although their influence shall cast thee into trouble, and into bars and walls, thou shalt be had in honor; and but for a small moment and thy voice shall be more terrible in the midst of thine enemies than the fierce lion, because of thy righteousness; and thy God shall stand by thee forever and ever.

Can't wait to meet him and I hope those speculative stories of Joseph returning to lead us to or help build up the center place of Zion are true either in spirit or clothed in flesh. Come back soon Joseph. We miss you. Hopefully unlike last time you will be able to bear your soul to us like you could not in life.

In case anyone thinks I am committing sacrilege or worshipping him I would be much more excited at the Savior coming in glory so that all can see him and the complete healing can commence. Much much more. Okay, now I am crying. Time to stop.

Yep. And Brother Brigham.

13 hours ago, The Nehor said:

To honor Joseph Smith and his role in the latter-day restoration of the gospel is to honor and worship the Author of that gospel, Jesus Christ. As the song declares, “Jesus anointed that prophet and seer.”

On 6/27/2019 at 12:24 PM, JLHPROF said:

carthage-jail-sculpture-1687736-w.jpg

Praise to God for sending his prophet to bring light back to the earth.  

D&C 135:3 Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it.

low

low

Glad I'm not the only one that sings "Stain Illinois".