Sign in to follow this  
JAHS

President Nelson's 95th birthday celebration

On 6/26/2019 at 11:35 PM, JAHS said:

Acclaimed Guest Artists to Perform for President Nelson’s 95th Birthday Celebration

"Guest artists for President Russell M. Nelson’s 95th birthday celebration, scheduled for early September, have been announced. Latter-day Saint performing artists Jenny Oaks Baker & Family Four, GENTRI, The Bonner Family, Nathan Pacheco and Donny Osmond will join The Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square for the evening celebration on Friday, September 6, 2019."

I don't mind wishing the prophet a happy birthday but does it really have to be a major production like this? Seems a bit over the top to me. If it were me I would say just a birthday cake is enough. Spend all that money and attention on something else.     But it's not me.  

and what's with Sheri Dew going all over the place with them? I wonder if she is dying inside to see her former, long time single, roommate married to the Prophet and she isn't married

I thought maybe she is writing a book but looks like she already did but why is she still travelling with them all over ?

https://deseretbook.com/p/insights-from-a-prophets-life-russell-m-nelson-by-sheri-dew?ref=detailed-card-1&variant_id=172666-hardcover

Edited by Duncan

On 6/27/2019 at 12:35 AM, JAHS said:

Acclaimed Guest Artists to Perform for President Nelson’s 95th Birthday Celebration

"Guest artists for President Russell M. Nelson’s 95th birthday celebration, scheduled for early September, have been announced. Latter-day Saint performing artists Jenny Oaks Baker & Family Four, GENTRI, The Bonner Family, Nathan Pacheco and Donny Osmond will join The Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square for the evening celebration on Friday, September 6, 2019."

I don't mind wishing the prophet a happy birthday but does it really have to be a major production like this? Seems a bit over the top to me. If it were me I would say just a birthday cake is enough. Spend all that money and attention on something else.     But it's not me.  

I am jaded about these things also. It is just a touch too much, "Praise to the Man" for my taste and takes the focus away from the Savior. Just makes me uncomfortable and causes me to begin to squirm in my seat. 

On 6/27/2019 at 12:35 AM, JAHS said:

I am jaded about these things also. It is just a touch too much, "Praise to the Man" for my taste and takes the focus away from the Savior. Just makes me uncomfortable and causes me to begin to squirm in my seat. 

36 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I thought maybe she is writing a book but looks like she already did but why is she still travelling with them all over ?

https://deseretbook.com/p/insights-from-a-prophets-life-russell-m-nelson-by-sheri-dew?ref=detailed-card-1&variant_id=172666-hardcover

Good chance she is viewed pretty much like an aunt.  When my single sister is around, we tend to invite her for most family fun.  She lives out of state though.

It can be watched on front page church website.

Edited by Calm

What's with you people, you can be critical and when I am, I get in trouble!!?? ;)

I just finished watching the birthday for Pres. Nelson on youtube. I was quite impressed with the singing, the love that exuded from people. The talent they had, the musicians, everything was very good. I loved the part where Pres Nelson spoke first about his beloved petite mother and him being nearly a 10lb baby, and what great advice his father gave him. I liked how he mentioned his deceased wife and children, hopefully being able to get a hall pass to be there with them. There's more I liked that he said as well. I liked at the end seeing the African American group lined up with the rest and them all holding hands and singing praises to God in a powerful way. I liked nearly everything! What is wrong with me! lol! 

You must be having a bad day. ;)

Sign in to follow this