Sign in to follow this  
Lukas

Lamb of God

Hey guys,

I think this is a hard information to get, but I love the hebbrew hymn sang by the apostles soon before Christ goes to the garden of Gethsemane, in the movie "The Lamb of God". Would someone know the name of that hymn so that I can look for it? 

Thanks!

This at 7 minutes:

Apostles are singing hallelujah, etc.

Looks like Kurt Bestor did the musical score, so both links are correct:

In my opinion this is the single best film ever produced by the LDS Church. There are two versions, both of which cover the last days of the life of the Savior. The Lamb of God sticks entirely to The New Testament. To This End Was I Born is a few minutes longer with some extra scenes taken from modern revelation. There is an incredible artistry to this, a perfect marriage of acting performance and creatively effective direction. Director Russell Holt uses the power of suggestion to move and shock with the violence without the use of graphic imagery. The musical score by Kurt Bestor is almost without peer. This film contains the most emotionally stirring portrayal of the Resurrection of any film on this list. This is, ultimately, a marvelously uplifting film. The dialogue is taken from the King James Bible. You can purchase The Lamb of God from lds.org and To This End Was I Born here. GRADE: A.

I can't find any sheet music.  You might try calling the Church History Library and see if they know if any was released.

Here it is on its own.  The song is called "The Last Supper with Messianic Psalm" apparently:

https://youtu.be/winiZ1TZd8E .  At 7:04 to 7:31

https://youtu.be/VZu7GSkNx5M .  At 2:40

In each case it is the same Psalm 113, as least in the first few Hebrew phrases:

Halleluyah, Hallelu 'avdei Adonai, Hallelu et-Shem Adonai, then seeming to go its own way in two repeated lines ending in Adonai ("Lord"), and I can't make out some of the words clearly.  Maybe Kurt Bestor shortened it, or had his Jewish singers shorten it.  Sounds just like Gregorian chant, so maybe he used some Roman Catholic monks from Ratisbone Monastery in Jerusalem.  They probably know Hebrew well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lukas said:

..............I think this is a hard information to get, but I love the hebbrew hymn sang by the apostles soon before Christ goes to the garden of Gethsemane, in the movie "The Lamb of God". Would someone know the name of that hymn so that I can look for it? ..........

The beginning of Psalm 113.

• Like 1