Seriously No Politics ×

hello, a new member

14 hours ago, marineland said:

Hi, my name is Tony. just joined recently and hope to learn and ask some questions.

Thanks

Hi, Tony.  Hope you find this interesting.

I do have a question:  Are you from Palos Verdes, California?  Your moniker reminds me of the old Marineland of the Pacific.  http://www.moderndayruins.com/2008/01/marineland-of-pacific.html .  I used to live on the peninsula.

Hello Tony... Welcome from the Pacific Northwest... the beautiful central Oregon Coast...  I, too, hope you'll tell us a little more about yourself generally, i.e., general area of residence... interests... cat or dog person? 🙂  Did you just join the Church, or simply this board?   Either way, you're more than welcome...

from the beach on a high overcast day... 

GG

Edited by Garden Girl
  • 1 month later...
On 6/20/2019 at 6:12 PM, Garden Girl said:

Hello Tony... Welcome from the Pacific Northwest... the beautiful central Oregon Coast...  I, too, hope you'll tell us a little more about yourself generally, i.e., general area of residence... interests... cat or dog person? 🙂  Did you just join the Church, or simply this board?   Either way, you're more than welcome...

from the beach on a high overcast day... 

GG

Hello.

I'm more of a cat person.  I'm not a member but I just joined the board to learn some more. I'm
from Denver.

Thanks

Tony

50 minutes ago, marineland said:

Hello.

I'm more of a cat person.  I'm not a member but I just joined the board to learn some more. I'm
from Denver.

Thanks

Tony

I think you'll like it here, Tony... Lots of good people... members and non-members... I recently had to put down my cat, Bob... miss him so much.  I was the proverbial old woman living with my cat.  He was sooo smart, and laugh-out-loud funny at times.  I'm thinking about going to the local shelter to see if there is a fur-person for me...

Okay... what question do you want to start with?  

GG

On 8/17/2019 at 11:41 PM, Garden Girl said:

I recently had to put down my cat, Bob... miss him so much.  I was the proverbial old woman living with my cat.  He was sooo smart, and laugh-out-loud funny at times.  I'm thinking about going to the local shelter to see if there is a fur-person for me...

I know about this thing.  Our cat, Toffie, is on his last life. I am afraid that we will be saying goodbye to him this week.

5 hours ago, Stargazer said:

I know about this thing.  Our cat, Toffie, is on his last life. I am afraid that we will be saying goodbye to him this week.

I'm sorry about Toffie... are you familiar with the poem, Rainbow Bridge... I can't read it without weeping... 

GG

14 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

I'm sorry about Toffie... are you familiar with the poem, Rainbow Bridge... I can't read it without weeping... 

GG

Remember when we were in Oregon and my little dog Biscuit was hit by a car and killed? You are the one that introduced the Rainbow Bridge to me! It was sure nice meeting you while on our vacation!

Last weekend I thought I found the perfect dog to replace little Biscuit, sadly the lady that was selling a cute little Morkie, had a hoarding problem and collected them! She said she was a former breeder but it appears she can't let them go. I wanted to buy two when I saw how many. She also had another litter back in a bedroom that I could buy when old enough.

She lives in a second level apartment and trained the dog I was about to buy, indoors. I was all set to buy the dog and pick her up yesterday but had second thoughts when I read that Morkies were difficult to potty train to go outdoors if they've been trained indoors. The woman said they go outside too, but how? She wasn't in the best shape and I just didn't picture her going down flights of stairs each time. Plus her apartment had dog poo everywhere and pee, according to my grandsons and husband who were with me. I didn't notice because I was being tackled by several older Morkies down on the floor and loving it. The Morkie I was there to buy was six months old. 

I'm pretty sure she is breaking the law having so many dogs. Maybe I should report it, but I don't know what is best. They were well loved and in their little doggie vests with different colors to differientate who's who. 

Edited by Tacenda

It is still dog abuse if poo is everywhere and unlikely to get better.  They will eventually get sick and likely it will spread through all of them.  You should report it..  that way the woman may get the help she needs too in order to live a healthy, comfortable life neither abusing herself or her dogs

Tacenda, if it is still hard maybe think if it this way.  If you saw a dozen kids playing in a house dressed in cute clothes and getting frequent hugs from their caregiver, would you walk away wondering what you should do if you also saw dirty diapers or puddles of pee and poop around the room?  Not saying dogs are children, but they need clean places to live especially since they have been bred in such a way that may lead to susceptibility to illness where once they get sick with something bad, the only mercy is to kill them.

And if they go to the pound sick, they will less likely go to a home.

13 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Remember when we were in Oregon and my little dog Biscuit was hit by a car and killed? You are the one that introduced the Rainbow Bridge to me! It was sure nice meeting you while on our vacation!

It was so good to meet you... I think of it often, particularly when I drive past Moolak Shores... It's a really good memory...

I'm was so sorry about Biscuit, and wish you could now take one or two of the Morkies... I agree with Calm... all of the pups are in danger.  You really should take steps to try and stop her from breeding any more, and helping her to face her situation and clean up her home.  The dogs really will become ill...

GG

15 hours ago, Calm said:

Tacenda, if it is still hard maybe think if it this way.  If you saw a dozen kids playing in a house dressed in cute clothes and getting frequent hugs from their caregiver, would you walk away wondering what you should do if you also saw dirty diapers or puddles of pee and poop around the room?  Not saying dogs are children, but they need clean places to live especially since they have been bred in such a way that may lead to susceptibility to illness where once they get sick with something bad, the only mercy is to kill them.

And if they go to the pound sick, they will less likely go to a home.

9 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

It was so good to meet you... I think of it often, particularly when I drive past Moolak Shores... It's a really good memory...

I'm was so sorry about Biscuit, and wish you could now take one or two of the Morkies... I agree with Calm... all of the pups are in danger.  You really should take steps to try and stop her from breeding any more, and helping her to face her situation and clean up her home.  The dogs really will become ill...

GG

I'm on hold with them right now, thanks for nudging me to do this, it is the best thing. I've been thinking that this woman most likely has litters and they breed with each other. 

Oh, just now got off the phone and they will do a well check on them. Hopefully this will be taken care of. 

2 hours ago, Tacenda said:

I've been thinking that this woman most likely has litters and they breed with each other. 

That occurred to me too. If she is ever selling the dogs that could be setting up owners with long term problems. 

Hope this gets resolved well for everyone   :)

Edited by Calm
On 8/17/2019 at 6:41 PM, Garden Girl said:

I think you'll like it here, Tony... Lots of good people... members and non-members... I recently had to put down my cat, Bob... miss him so much.  I was the proverbial old woman living with my cat.  He was sooo smart, and laugh-out-loud funny at times.  I'm thinking about going to the local shelter to see if there is a fur-person for me...

GG

Hi, I'll post shortly.

On 8/17/2019 at 6:41 PM, Garden Girl said:

GG

Looks like I cannot post to the discussion section because I'm new?, so I'll ask here.

It's about spirit world, D&C 138.

From what I can gather, the spirit world has two compartments.  One for 
the righteous and one for the wicked.

Group 1 (the wicked/ungodly/unrepentant,rebellious) are in darkness. Group 
2 (the righteous) are in peace (v.2)

Jesus did not go to those in Group 1 but commissioned others to go to both 
people in groups 1 and 2 (v. 20, 30-32,35,37).

43 - Moreover, Ezekiel, who was shown in vision the great valley of dry 
bones, which were to be clothed upon with flesh, to come forth again in 
the resurrection of the dead, living souls.

Just an observation - I don't see this as a general resurrection of all 
people in the future but rather Ezekiel's vision of a future regathering 
of only Israel in her homeland 

50 For the dead had looked upon the long absence of their spirits from 
their bodies as a bondage.

51 These the Lord taught, and gave them power to come forth, after his 
resurrection from the dead, to enter into his Father’s kingdom, there 
to be crowned with immortality and eternal life.

Eternal life is mentioned as the reward for all those in group 2 (the 
righteous spirits). Is that accurate?

57 - I beheld that the faithful elders of this dispensation, when they 
depart from mortal life, continue their labors in the preaching of the 
gospel of repentance and redemption, through the sacrifice of the Only 
Begotten Son of God, among those who are in darkness and under the 
bondage of sin in the great world of the spirits of the dead.

The church, in a topic of sons of perdition, says
 - https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/gs/sons-of-perdition?lang=eng&clang=eng#p1

Sons of perdition include (1) those who followed Satan and were cast 
out of heaven for rebellion during premortality and (2) those who were 
permitted to be born to this world with physical bodies but then served 
Satan and turned utterly against God. Those in this second group will 
be resurrected from the dead but will not be redeemed from the second 
(spiritual) death and cannot dwell in a kingdom of glory (D&C 88:32, 
35).

Are Hindus, Muslims, and people of all religions, atheists/agnostics, 
who have knowingly rejected Christ and His atonement (turning utterly
against God) examples of verse 57 or are they examples of definition 2
for the sons of perdition? 

Why is there no mention of elders going into the compartment of peace
to preach to the faithful saints who have died since the resurrection 
of Christ (like Jesus is said to have done before his resurrection in 
D&C 138:18-19)?

Thanks

Tony

15 hours ago, marineland said:

Looks like I cannot post to the discussion section because I'm new?, so I'll ask here.

You have to have posted 25 times (either originating a topic here or responding to topics in the other two forums) before you can start topics in all three.

As for the rest of your post, I spent a good hour writing a response, but then the board software ate it.  And I've run out of time, so I can't reproduce it now.  Perhaps someone else will answer.

11 hours ago, Stargazer said:

You have to have posted 25 times (either originating a topic here or responding to topics in the other two forums) before you can start topics in all three.

As for the rest of your post, I spent a good hour writing a response, but then the board software ate it.  And I've run out of time, so I can't reproduce it now.  Perhaps someone else will answer.

Thanks for that tip.

Hello Tony...

You raise many issues that I hope numerous posters will answer in small bites... since tackling them all at once can be overwhelming... I'll respond more when I have time...

GG