Sign in to follow this  

Breaking through the pain.

I met a woman earlier who absolutely hates the Church. Apparently she was hurt badly when she was younger by someone and blames the Church for it. She is clearly in a lot of pain. The kind only Christ can heal. But she will believe everything bad ans reject all thats good about Christ.

Thing is I can feel her pain in everything she says. She is hurting so bad. And the cure is Christ.

How do we get through the pain and convince people like her to come to christ and be healed? And I know she isn't alone. There are many like her.

How do we do this?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Avatar4321 said:

I met a woman earlier who absolutely hates the Church. Apparently she was hurt badly when she was younger by someone and blames the Church for it. She is clearly in a lot of pain. The kind only Christ can heal. But she will believe everything bad ans reject all thats good about Christ.

Thing is I can feel her pain in everything she says. She is hurting so bad. And the cure is Christ.

How do we get through the pain and convince people like her to come to christ and be healed? And I know she isn't alone. There are many like her.

How do we do this?

My experience is that with more age, comes more wisdom. That wisdom helps others to see that only the individual is responsible for their actions. Not the Church, and certainly not Jesus Christ, nor is Satan able to force anyone to commit evil, he can only plant the idea, or give rise to the temptation. The same goes for Jesus Christ, as he will force no man or woman to heaven, nor can force them to be, or do good. 

• Like 3

On 6/10/2019 at 5:33 PM, Avatar4321 said:

How do we do this?

This problem is more prevalent than maybe most of us realize. Some people go through life experiences that traumatize them and scar them for mortal life. I know at least one such person. She suffered from abuse at home which she cannot come to terms with and some pretty horrific abuse in a couple of marriages. She does not blame the church for it, although some people in the church were part of the abuse. She has been through extensive therapy, but there are some things she just cannot deal with, does not know how to deal with, just does not understand. Her faith is the only thing that has kept her alive. But her scars run deep and probably will not be healed in this life time.

This could be the case for the lady you met also. I do not know. Loving kindness, time, and prayers, in my opinion, are the best hopes for helping her to heal or to help bring her to a point where she will be able to seek healing through Christ.

Glenn

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 4:33 PM, Avatar4321 said:

How do we do this?

If they've gotten to that point, 99% of the time you can't really do anything.  There is one hope.

You do the best you can to be the best example of light and love in her life. Not as missionary work, but as true, honest, charitable, and unselfish service.

• Like 1