Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bill “Papa” Lee

I accidentally stole something...

Recommended Posts

True story: Yesterday, Pam and I went to the doctor for our quarterly appointment. I of course have too keep close check on my diabetes, and other health issues. After leaving the Doctor’s appointment, we had to go to the pharmacy so I could pick up antibiotics for an ear infection, and other things. While waiting, feeling like my blood sugar was low, I told the clerk I was going to eat some peanut butter crackers they have for sale. I was still eating them while I paid for my meds. While on the day home, about 4-5 miles away, it occurred that I had not paid for them. I thought maybe we should return, but Pam reminded me I had to go back tomorrow. Anyway, it worried me me the rest of the day, so this morning when I called them to see if my other meds were ready, I told them about it. They told me not to worry about it, but I insisted that “I HAD” to pay for them! Once when Pam and I were very young, and very broke, we were given too much change back, at a 7/11 store. We had been out driving Sonya Lee Bush, our oldest to get her to sleep. Once Pam and I realized this, we drove back for 10-11 miles (almost out of gas) to return the money. The store clerk was stunned and bewildered as too why we would do this. But like yesterday, and also like 43 years ago, our souls are not for sale. Simply put, when in doubt, “do the right thing”. And, “...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord”! I do not say this to boast, but to thank my Godly parents who instilled a sense of morality into me, and thank God for helping these lessons to sink deep into my soul. I am not a saint, but even in error, I try to always make course corrections to get back on the narrow road that leads to salvation. I also strive to never bring shame to the name my Father gave me, which includes the name of Christ, given me by my Heavenly Father. I am also grateful for the Grace that allows me to repent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

That's not stealing.  That's making a mistake, one that's correctable. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

True story: Yesterday, Pam and I went to the doctor for our quarterly appointment. I of course have too keep close check on my diabetes, and other health issues. After leaving the Doctor’s appointment, we had to go to the pharmacy so I could pick up antibiotics for an ear infection, and other things. While waiting, feeling like my blood sugar was low, I told the clerk I was going to eat some peanut butter crackers they have for sale. I was still eating them while I paid for my meds. While on the day home, about 4-5 miles away, it occurred that I had not paid for them. I thought maybe we should return, but Pam reminded me I had to go back tomorrow. Anyway, it worried me me the rest of the day, so this morning when I called them to see if my other meds were ready, I told them about it. They told me not to worry about it, but I insisted that “I HAD” to pay for them! Once when Pam and I were very young, and very broke, we were given too much change back, at a 7/11 store. We had been out driving Sonya Lee Bush, our oldest to get her to sleep. Once Pam and I realized this, we drove back for 10-11 miles (almost out of gas) to return the money. The store clerk was stunned and bewildered as too why we would do this. But like yesterday, and also like 43 years ago, our souls are not for sale. Simply put, when in doubt, “do the right thing”. And, “...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord”! I do not say this to boast, but to thank my Godly parents who instilled a sense of morality into me, and thank God for helping these lessons to sink deep into my soul. I am not a saint, but even in error, I try to always make course corrections to get back on the narrow road that leads to salvation. I also strive to never bring shame to the name my Father gave me, which includes the name of Christ, given me by my Heavenly Father. I am also grateful for the Grace that allows me to repent.

You stole money; you are a thief and you are going to hell. 🤣😁

Edited by Storm Rider
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Storm Rider said:

You stole money; you are a thief and you are going to hell. 🤣😁

I repented today, can I get an Amen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

That's not stealing.  That's making a mistake, one that's correctable. :)

 

I didn’t really, and yes a mistake,  but the thread title did not seem as sexy without how and what happened. 😊

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This reminds me of my dad. He got a corporate cell phone back when they were rarer and had to make an emergency personal call. He went to the IT department and offered to pay for the call. They laughed at him.

I wish I had that level of honesty. :( 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I have stopped returning for every case as at times the work I create for the employees in returning to pay or to give back an accidentally included item may cost them more than what I give back...and that puts an additional hardship on the business by my hand.  Giving the money instead to a worthy cause and continuing to purchase at the store seems the best win-win in those cases I can think of.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

I repented today, can I get an Amen? 

Amen - I enjoy this quote:

“I urge you to begin each day, leaving the past to the mercy of the Lord, and the future to his Divine Providence. Do not let yourself be troubled by anything, not even by your own failings, taking care to overcome them immediately by an act of love of God.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

I repented today, can I get an Amen? 

Did you give a little extra for forgiveness?  If I see a little something in my paypal, I could draw up an indulgence for you and send up a few super prayers on your behalf.  Super prayers get to god x10 times as fast, why wait for your forgiveness?  Prayer lines are almost always swamped, super prayers get ahead of the prayer queue.  All proceeds go to The Holy Church of Poptart.  (All rights reserved....)

011-5-i-heard-they-had-to-split-the-supe

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, The Nehor said:

This reminds me of my dad. He got a corporate cell phone back when they were rarer and had to make an emergency personal call. He went to the IT department and offered to pay for the call. They laughed at him.

I wish I had that level of honesty. :( 

Sounds much like my Father. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, poptart said:

Did you give a little extra for forgiveness?  If I see a little something in my paypal, I could draw up an indulgence for you and send up a few super prayers on your behalf.  Super prayers get to god x10 times as fast, why wait for your forgiveness?  Prayer lines are almost always swamped, super prayers get ahead of the prayer queue.  All proceeds go to The Holy Church of Poptart.  (All rights reserved....)

011-5-i-heard-they-had-to-split-the-supe

Actually, that comment was in jest, as I had already paid it back. If you read every response, it was just a mistake, not a sin of commission, but an accident of omission. Often we use thread titles to make a point, so others will read what we write. If anything, that might be misleading, so please forgive me. BTW, prayer is prayer, I don’t think they necessarily come in degrees this way, as in “super prayers”. Unless you are also making a joke about Joel Olseen’s comments. But, if I can send money to aid your Church, give me PayPal account. 😂

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

Actually, that comment was in jest, as I had already paid it back. If you read every response, it was just a mistake, not a sin of commission, but an accident of omission. Often we use thread titles to make a point, so others will read what we write. If anything, that might be misleading, so please forgive me. BTW, prayer is prayer, I don’t think they necessarily come in degrees this way, as in “super prayers”. Unless you are also making a joke about Joel Olseen’s comments. But, if I can send money to aid your Church, give me PayPal account. 😂

You doubt the gospel of poptart?  That's heresy man. 

Ugh, i have a funny feeling if I had a legit church that did something you would send funds, thank Buddha and the gods my father is dead, he'd have taken a good man like you for a ride. 

Funny, that's why I still post here, i've met more genuine christ like people here than IRL, you guys and girls are a credit to your faith.

Also yep, it was a total jab.  Good old oldsteen, never forgot when someone gave me one of his books, wow....

Edited by poptart
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I once made the mistake of telling a cashier that she gave me the wrong change. She immediately went on the defensive stating that she would never short change anyone. I said, " Sorry , but you gave me too much "  In hindsight, I should have said that at the beginning. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/4/2019 at 7:44 PM, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

 

I didn’t really, and yes a mistake,  but the thread title did not seem as sexy without how and what happened. 😊

The other day I started worrying that I might be so forgetful that I might walk out with an item and not have paid, scary. But I bet it happens all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, strappinglad said:

I once made the mistake of telling a cashier that she gave me the wrong change. She immediately went on the defensive stating that she would never short change anyone. I said, " Sorry , but you gave me too much "  In hindsight, I should have said that at the beginning. 

At least you did not do the really horrible thing and tell a server at a restaurant that you want to speak the manager and not tell them why and then pretend you are being magnanimous by praising their service. A huge jerk move.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Tacenda said:

The other day I started worrying that I might be so forgetful that I might walk out with an item and not have paid, scary. But I bet it happens all the time.

Want to reiterate my comment here to the bold, I meant when it happens to other people, not myself, thankfully not yet. 😥

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Tacenda said:

The other day I started worrying that I might be so forgetful that I might walk out with an item and not have paid, scary. But I bet it happens all the time.

+1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, strappinglad said:

I once made the mistake of telling a cashier that she gave me the wrong change. She immediately went on the defensive stating that she would never short change anyone. I said, " Sorry , but you gave me too much "  In hindsight, I should have said that at the beginning. 

I have experienced this as well. It is usually happens out of fear a supervisor is listening and they don’t want admit making a mistake. Or, they fear making a mistake might lead to consequences on the job, maybe having to return to stocking shelves. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Want to reiterate my comment here to the bold, I meant when it happens to other people, not myself, thankfully not yet. 😥

Don’t worry, I understood, and I am sure others did as well. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...