Sign in to follow this  
JLHPROF

Utah - more progressive on LGBTQ issues?

On 6/7/2019 at 12:53 PM, Anonymous Mormon said:

THIS!!!!!!

At the end of the rainbow in every discussion of LGBT is this kind of attitude. SSA (the same-six attackers) inevitably don't just want the church to be more kind and loving of LGBT people, they actually feel the church shackles, controls, is fallacious, false, and no good. And the whole LGBT thing is a means to attack current church members and leaders. 

I think it's great that the church is being more kind to those whose belief systems don't match our own. I think that the church is doing great to help its members focus on loving, not judging, those in our neighborhoods and communities.

But I would never be willing to join in an LGBT parade or put an LGBT flag in my yard because when you go over the rainbow you find a bunch of people with this attitude above who hate the church and want to destroy it. And they use LGBT as a way to attack church members and leaders who believe that it is a sin to participate in same-sex marriage or any homosexual activity.

These attacks on the church and clubbing it over LGBT issues is only going to get more frequent and fierce (just look at the history of posts on this board for to see how it works). Especially as the Church maintains its standards and holds to the teachings of the Christ* and the proclamation on the family.

*Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?  Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Well first off I do not hate the church.

Second, I came to the conclusion that I posted after a long and thoughtful process.  Among this was looking at various topics and things that have changed in the church and the backpedaling and brushing under the rug teachings and policy that was once doctrinal and enforced not being along the line of "I don't know that we teach or taught that." And yes gas-lighting does occur.

Last of all is a study of more fundamental religions and bad characteristics and methods they use.  There is a term for this but I was scolded last time I used it.  I am sorry you don't like my comments.

• Like 1