Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Gui

Norton Publicly Denounces Ms Denson?

On 5/30/2019 at 1:30 PM, pogi said:

Well said!

I cringed at reading how badly Mike Norton unleashed profanity at her and demeans her lower than I have ever heard someone being demeaned, even after acknowledging that she has been diagnosed with these disorders.  This just makes him look even worse than he did before.  While I should try to love him too, it is hard for me to have sympathy for him as he reveals his character and deep hate for things he doesn't understand.

We arent asked to love people when they are good. Thats easy. We are asked to love despite not being good

• Like 2

On 5/30/2019 at 6:18 PM, Bernard Gui said:

Yes, it is best to be cautious when dealing with such unfortunate people. The sad thing is, Mr. Bishop may have done what she says he did, but how can it ever be proven and resolved?

We cant. All we can do now is shoot them all and let God sort it out.

Okay not literally but you get my point

On 5/31/2019 at 9:35 AM, Bernard Gui said:

I doubt they would mock the Saints in that way. I have heard encouragement to bear testimonies and instructions on what is appropriate. What Ms Denson did was disrespectful, offensive, and inappropriate, not interesting at all.

I haven’t been to a dry boring testimony meeting for years. No travelogues, few kids prompted by their parents. Many testimonies of the Savior and gratitude to the Lord and to members, stories of conversion, service, and charity. Perhaps our ward is unique?

Not quite. Ours is like that as well. Perhaps there are others. 

• Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 9:35 AM, Bernard Gui said:

I doubt they would mock the Saints in that way. I have heard encouragement to bear testimonies and instructions on what is appropriate. What Ms Denson did was disrespectful, offensive, and inappropriate, not interesting at all.

I haven’t been to a dry boring testimony meeting for years. No travelogues, few kids prompted by their parents. Many testimonies of the Savior and gratitude to the Lord and to members, stories of conversion, service, and charity. Perhaps our ward is unique?

What Denson did was akin to a Jerry Springer episode. They are interesting at first — in a train-wreck sort of way — but after you’ve seen one or two, they become more boring than the driest of Church meetings. And you feel polluted after you’ve witnessed one. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Hamba Tuhan said:

We just finished our testimony meeting. It was powerful and instructive. I found myself nodding along and whispering a few intermediary amens. No one in our ward needs clowns to infiltrate our sacred gatherings. 

We did have someone walk into one of our sacrament meetings off the street one Sunday and start shouting blasphemy. It wasn’t ‘interesting’ or amusing. It was, in fact, deeply traumatising, and not just to children.

It’s not a long walk from coming in and shouting obscenities to taking more despicable actions such as those are being perpetrated elsewhere. 

Edited by Bernard Gui
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

It’s not a long walk from coming in and shouting obscenities to taking more despicable actions such as those are being perpetrated elsewhere. 

For what it may be worth, I used the word blasphemy in its strict meaning (here taken from the Cambridge English Dictionary): 'something that you say or do that shows you do not respect God or a religion'. 

• Like 4