Sign in to follow this  
Rivers

What makes Christianity different?

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Joshua Valentine said:

CFR for any Christian group ever teaching anything like this. Or do I get to be creative about ¨extreme¨ forms of Mormonism in sing-song lyrics without any proof, too?

I don’t think anybody really believes this. It’s just a dumb song a mission companion of mine would sing.  It represents a really shallow understanding of what Protestant Christians actually believe.  

Edited by Rivers

Thanks for the explanation. Given how much the ¨(non-LDS) Christians think they can just believe in Christ and then go and sin as much as they want¨ gets said and in so many ways, even if it is just a silly song of an obviously stupid misrepresentation to you, it seems too close to what other LDS (including here) say/believe to think that it does not serve to perpetuate misconceptions, if not disrespect.

I think I´ll be starting a thread on this and others soon.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:09 AM, The Nehor said:

Indeed, one should formally castigate them.

Didn't the Roman Catholic Church do that with the glorious and benevolent Council of Trent?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Valentinus said:

Didn't the Roman Catholic Church do that with the glorious and benevolent Council of Trent?

Long live Trent!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MiserereNobis said:

Long live Trent!

Definitely one of my favorites! 1st Council of Nicea is #1 because St. Nicholas slapped Arius.

Just now, Valentinus said:

Definitely one of my favorites! 1st Council of Nicea is #1 because St. Nicholas slapped Arius.

Jolly old St. Nick!

• Like 1