Sign in to follow this  

Calling down the powers of heaven

That's one of the primary purposes of the endowment.  That's the endowment of power.

I sometimes wonder if we even realize that anymore and put all our focus on the dramatic portion.

• Like 1

Been thinking alot on this. Can't get it out of my head. Like I can see it and it's just out of reach and I'm not sure how to reach the next step. Does that make any sense?

I can see what you mean here and you are probably saying it with humility. It should always amaze us that the God That Actually Is wants to work through/with us.  God is Life, so we are only truly alive, and as we are meant to be, when God is working through us.

But, Moses at the second rock for water would seem an appropriate cautionary tale.

"I urgently plead with each one of us to live up to our privileges as bearers of the priesthood. In a coming day, only those men who have taken their priesthood seriously, by diligently seeking to be taught by the Lord Himself, will be able to bless, guide, protect, strengthen, and heal others. Only a man who has paid the price for priesthood power will be able to bring miracles to those he loves and keep his marriage and family safe, now and throughout eternity"

President Nelson said that a few years ago.