Sign in to follow this  
Doctrine 612

CBD oil?

3 hours ago, RevTestament said:

Hashimoto's is basically an auto-immune disorder. The only ways I know to address it are to decrease the body's auto-immune response or if it get's bad, to remove the thyroid. My wife's condition has essentially stabilized - the amount of thyroid she has to supplement, hasn't really gone up much, and at times has gone down. But, yes, if she had it removed and had no supplements, I believe she would die. The only way to address it then would be to "make your own supplement" by eating animal thyroid glands - so it is not like someone would be totally out of options.

I am very intrigued by your comment that you believe CBD helped your thyroid, but right now I think my wife will shy away from CBD, and I have to admit that I am somewhat dubious of the claim. However, the body is a complex factory of chemical reactions, and I do not pretend to even begin to understand the modes of action of CBD. Perhaps it can help the brain in a way which helps certain thyroid dysfunction. 

https://infinitecbd.com/the-impact-cbd-has-on-thyroid-disease-disorder/

Yet another article about it. Also, I belong to a private FB group called "Cannabis Oil Success Stories". Many discuss their success with treating with CBD. If you care to read the stories, you could join and put in "thyroid" in the "Search this group" on the left. But I understand how you're leary of this, it's all so new to us now, but for thousands of years it was what people used for medicine.

6 hours ago, RevTestament said:

Hashimoto's is basically an auto-immune disorder. The only ways I know to address it are to decrease the body's auto-immune response or if it get's bad, to remove the thyroid. My wife's condition has essentially stabilized - the amount of thyroid she has to supplement, hasn't really gone up much, and at times has gone down. But, yes, if she had it removed and had no supplements, I believe she would die. The only way to address it then would be to "make your own supplement" by eating animal thyroid glands - so it is not like someone would be totally out of options.

I am very intrigued by your comment that you believe CBD helped your thyroid, but right now I think my wife will shy away from CBD, and I have to admit that I am somewhat dubious of the claim. However, the body is a complex factory of chemical reactions, and I do not pretend to even begin to understand the modes of action of CBD. Perhaps it can help the brain in a way which helps certain thyroid dysfunction. 

It would probably take months to die without medication but yeah, it could kill you. I heard of one person who lived a year. The thing is the death is not from the body shutting down so there are not a lot of symptoms outside of the normal fatigue of hypothyroidism. The organs just very slowly start to fail.

I am dubious of CBD as well.There are too many people who want to believe it will cure everything and anecdotes are not controlled medical studies designed to rule out the placebo effect.