Sign in to follow this  
Jean-Luc Picard

Church donation to mosque in Christchurch

This is a wonderful gesture. I do admire that.  This will help community and also other areas of church diplomacy. 

• Like 1

How do you teach people about the Savior in a mosque?

15 hours ago, tulip said:

St. Paul was able to do it in a pagan pantheon :)

• Like 3

covering our pictures in our church building.   

Posted (edited)

Bravo to the Saints who took the time to consider the comfort of the Muslims they invited to worship in their church building.  My understanding is that many Muslims avoid using realistic pictures of humans in their religious spaces, so it makes sense that if one wants them to view the room as a place of worship to cover any pictures.

It would be similar imo to Catholics inviting Saints to use a room at their church and covering (or removing if covering is inappropriate) any crucifix in that room because they are aware that many Saints are uncomfortable with crucifixes and they are not a part of our worship.

Edited by Calm
  • Like 3

On 5/23/2019 at 1:09 AM, Calm said:

Bravo to the Saints who took the time to consider the comfort of the Muslims they invited to worship in their church building.  My understanding is that many Muslims avoid using realistic pictures of humans in their religious spaces, so it makes sense that if one wants them to view the room as a place of worship to cover any pictures.

It would be similar imo to Catholics inviting Saints to use a room at their church and covering any crucifix in that room because they are aware that many Saints are uncomfortable with crucifixes and they are not a part of our worship.

Nice!

On 5/22/2019 at 11:11 PM, tulip said:

covering our pictures in our church building.   

That makes sense. 

On 5/22/2019 at 1:09 AM, tulip said:

By loving them like He did

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Avatar4321 said:

By loving them like He did

Yup, and I believe they believe he was a prophet, right? 

18 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Yup, and I believe they believe he was a prophet, right? 

Yes, they believe he was only a prophet, one of the most significant of the prophets. Yet, he is only a prophet and not the Son of God as believed in Christianity. 

Sign in to follow this