Seriously No Politics ×

Relief Society Board 2019 Video

I liked it too. 

I only have one worry about it. It said all had experienced depression or anxiety. I have no issue with that. That's life. I just instantly thought of women who have left the church and will glom right to it because "that is what the church does to you and I've never been happier since leaving."

The video seems to be saying that they need to tighten up their screening process.

Haha.  I keed.  It's a good video.  My only concern is that people might associate the words on the screen with the specific people being shown, which probably wasn't the intent.  Also, for the claim that "8 have lived internationally", I need to know if Canada is being included in that stat.

Edited by cinepro
17 hours ago, Rain said:

I liked it too. 

I only have one worry about it. It said all had experienced depression or anxiety. I have no issue with that. That's life. I just instantly thought of women who have left the church and will glom right to it because "that is what the church does to you and I've never been happier since leaving."

9 have family with addictions (how does this compare to the general population? 12% vs. 90%??)

7 have relatives who are incarcerated (how does this compare to the general population? 50% vs. 70%)

9 work outside the home (are women in the church being encouraged to work outside the home now?)

Are any of them single moms?  Are any of them single?

It would have been nice if the broadcast talked about these issues... 

6 hours ago, changed said:

9 have family with addictions (how does this compare to the general population? 12% vs. 90%??)

7 have relatives who are incarcerated (how does this compare to the general population? 50% vs. 70%)

9 work outside the home (are women in the church being encouraged to work outside the home now?)

Are any of them single moms?  Are any of them single?

It would have been nice if the broadcast talked about these issues... 

It did say 1 was a single mom.

11 hours ago, Calm said:

Sister Eubank is single, I don't know if others are.

Add-on:  Sister Booth appears to be as well.

https://www.lds.org/callings/relief-society/leader-resources/relief-society-presidency?lang=eng

They don't have everyone listed for some reason.

I did not know much about Sister Eubank...but had assumed she was wife of Mark. 

1 hour ago, Maureen said:

It looks like she is the daughter of Mark Eubank.

https://www.lds.org/church/leader/sharon-eubank?lang=eng

M.

I remember eating at a local favorite restaurant just a few years ago when Mark was winding down at his career with KSL and where I got my first job at 14 bussing tables called "Casa Melinda", a mexican restaurant in Bountiful, and there sat Mark with his wife and he had a suit on and wearing his running shoes, haha!

Also, I like his son as his replacement doing the weather and carrying on the tradition of wearing a white suit when snow is on the way.

Edited by Tacenda