Sign in to follow this  
Okrahomer

A Journey to the Holy of Holies

An excellent article by the Jewish author who expressed deep appreciation of the pageantry of Holy Temples throughout history including the mind boggling 200 LDS temples all over the world (his count).

• Like 3

On 5/16/2019 at 5:53 PM, longview said:

An excellent article by the Jewish author who expressed deep appreciation of the pageantry of Holy Temples throughout history including the mind boggling 200 LDS temples all over the world (his count).

There are just 200 temples, completed or in the works, worldwide. The church’s goal is for 90 percent of its 16 million members to live within two hours of a temple, according to Emily Utt, the church’s historic sites curator.  https://www.jweekly.com/2019/05/14/a-journey-into-the-holy-of-holies-in-a-latter-day-saints-temple/ .

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I suppose no-one told him that the Celestial Room is not the Holy of Holies.  

Once I was under the impression that some temples had a HoH and some did not, but the article in Wikipedia mentions only one, the one in the SLC temple. Does anyone know anything different?

Edited by Stargazer

On 5/26/2019 at 3:15 PM, Stargazer said:

Once I was under the impression that some temples had a HoH and some did not, but the article in Wikipedia mentions only one, the one in the SLC temple. Does anyone know anything different?

There was an interesting discussion about this in a previous thread.  Apparently, every Temple has a room “designated” as the Holy of Holies.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 5:15 PM, Stargazer said:

I suppose no-one told him that the Celestial Room is not the Holy of Holies.  

Comparing our temple designs to the temple of ancient Israel, our Celestial Room parallels the HoH in many ways.  But it is important to note that our ceremony was impacted by Christ's Atonement.  Prior to His death and resurrection, only the High Priest was allowed in to the HoH.  Now that the veil has been rent... well, you know where that goes.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this