Sign in to follow this  
JAHS

Latter-day Saint Hero Shot

Latter-day Saint 'hero' shot twice after rushing gunman at Colorado school shooting

"A Latter-day Saint teen was shot twice while helping fellow students subdue a gunman in Tuesday’s school shooting in Highlands Ranch, Colorado,
Josh Jones, 18, a priest from the Roxborough Ward, Highlands Ranch Colorado Stake, was hit once in the leg and once in the hip. His injuries were not life-threatening. He was treated at a nearby hospital before being released Tuesday night.
Josh was in class Tuesday afternoon when one of the shooters “began what could have been a much worse situation,” said his ward Young Men’s leader, Josh Lewis, speaking on behalf of the family.

Josh Jones is being credited for his heroic actions during the May 7, 2019, shooting at his Colorado school.
“Josh and two other students tried to disarm the assailant. In the process, one of the other students was shot and killed.”

Josh was resting at his home on Wednesday with his family. “He’s doing very well,” said Lewis. “He’s in good spirits.”

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JAHS said:

Latter-day Saint 'hero' shot twice after rushing gunman at Colorado school shooting

"A Latter-day Saint teen was shot twice while helping fellow students subdue a gunman in Tuesday’s school shooting in Highlands Ranch, Colorado,
Josh Jones, 18, a priest from the Roxborough Ward, Highlands Ranch Colorado Stake, was hit once in the leg and once in the hip. His injuries were not life-threatening. He was treated at a nearby hospital before being released Tuesday night.
Josh was in class Tuesday afternoon when one of the shooters “began what could have been a much worse situation,” said his ward Young Men’s leader, Josh Lewis, speaking on behalf of the family.

Josh Jones is being credited for his heroic actions during the May 7, 2019, shooting at his Colorado school.
“Josh and two other students tried to disarm the assailant. In the process, one of the other students was shot and killed.”

Josh was resting at his home on Wednesday with his family. “He’s doing very well,” said Lewis. “He’s in good spirits.”

Watched an interview earlier. Wow, what a brave young man. My heart goes out to the family of the young man who was killed.

Also, is the killer transgendered? I thought I heard that. It's too bad that one of the other young men interviewed didn't go to the police beforehand, he mentioned the killer had been saying things that were alarming and red flags all over it, leading up to the shootings.

BTW, the killer had hair that has been dyed a bright red. It reminded me of the killer in the theater in Colorado a few years back. I wonder if that is who he was copying. Sad, sad, sad. If my children were still young going to a public school, I'd seriously think about home schooling. 

Edited by Tacenda

13 hours ago, JAHS said:

Indeed the scripture, “no greater love”, applies here. I am, and indeed his “family”, are grateful that he did not have to give his life. What is more impressive, is the fact that he did so, being so young. I have spent my entire (well 33 years of it) life in professions, when I was trained to run toward trouble. But this young man, is just that, a “young man”, who acted out of “LOVE”, not training. God bless his selfless act and his soul, and thanks be to God, that these gunmen did not achieve their ultimate goal. 

• Like 1

Interesting to note that while the media has been covering this they have mentioned that there were two other boys besides the one that was killed who tried to fend off the attacker. 
They interviewed one of them on the news and they said the other one (Josh Jones) did not want to be interviewed or have his name mentioned. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, JAHS said:

Interesting to note that while the media has been covering this they have mentioned that there were two other boys besides the one that was killed who tried to fend off the attacker. 
They interviewed one of them on the news and they said the other one (Josh Jones) did not want to be interviewed or have his name mentioned. 

Hard to refuse Church News ( the one cited here with his name)...probably feels that will reach a limited audience.   Though should note photos and comments were all from his YM's leader, speaking for the family.

I personally think it is smart to avoid public attention given the level of weirdness and hate out there unless one needs to publicize a cause....or make money.

Edited by Calm
  • Like 1

I’m confused on whether it was 3 or 4 boys who stopped the shooter. According to Denver 7 news. 

Bialy, along with classmates Kendrick Castillo, Joshua Jones and another unidentified student, charged the suspected shooter against a wall and disarmed him, Bialy said Wednesday at a news conference.”

A hero was laid to rest today. https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/remembering-kendrick-castillo-memorial-service-underway-for-stem-school-shooting-hero

Dakota Mann, a member of the robotics team and a mentor to Castillo, regretted the experiences his friend won't get to experience again, from fishing to driving his Jeep to enjoying a lazy Saturday.

"He died for us," Mann said. "Now it's time for us to live for him."

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this