Seriously No Politics ×

BYU graduation speech

bsjkki

53 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

I love the name Arwen, where did you find that name? Also, are sugar gliders nice little animals, or kind of mean like the ferrets? 

It is the name of the elf princess from Lord of the Rings. I have four gliders and I named them all after characters in different fantasy series. Arwen’s sister is Eilonwy from the Chronicles of Prydain. The brothers are Dobby from Harry Potter and Elric from Moorcock’s books.

I do not know if I would call them nice. They can never really be tamed but they can be bonded and socialized with humans. They are high maintenance in terms of time you need to spend with them and the amount of room they take. I try to spend an hour playing with them at least four days a week and carry them with me some times during the day. For an example of high maintenance it is 2 am and two of them are barking. I think it is Elric and Arwen. After checking it was. They all know me and mostly like me and they will usually let me pet them and put my hand in with them when they sleep and treat it like part of the colony but they usually do not like being held, do not obey, and sometimes they get into moods.

I have never owned a ferret but I can say gliders do not smell bad like a ferret. 

Matthew answers some questions that some had on the other thread that got locked. It's was because of a young man who committed suicide that he came out in the way he did.

Edited by Tacenda
19 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Well,  this is not going to make us particularly appealing. 

"Hey Carl, did you know that the Gays can't shake hands out there at the BYU?"

Meh, we were never that appealing anyways. I mean, have you seen us?