Seriously No Politics ×

The good ol' days. People gone.

3DOP

I've thought this about you, Rory, as you've posted less and less. I'm glad that you're still around, even if mainly in the background. I've had some extended free-time so I've been posting a lot lately, but I know the ebb and flow of posting.

It's a recent loss, but I'm sad that @smac97 seems to have left. I enjoyed his posts, even though his lawyerly brain could be infuriating at times, ha. If only he had studied canon law ;)

2 hours ago, MiserereNobis said:

I've thought this about you, Rory, as you've posted less and less. I'm glad that you're still around, even if mainly in the background. I've had some extended free-time so I've been posting a lot lately, but I know the ebb and flow of posting.

It's a recent loss, but I'm sad that @smac97 seems to have left. I enjoyed his posts, even though his lawyerly brain could be infuriating at times, ha. If only he had studied canon law ;)

Spencer (smac97) is still around and posts his usual long posts sometimes.

Del March
Koakaipo (?) 
Captain Jack
Dadof7 

I barely have the time to participate anymore myself. 

16 hours ago, Calm said:

Volgadon?

Yes, yes.

I thought he was an old guy from the Middle East.  Instead he is a young man with babies in Utah. I was just a tad off. I think it was a shaggy beard in his avatar...kind of a Moses look that sent me that direction. Always thoughtful, always cordial.

How  about our buddy who started a thread around ten years ago that's still active. The three word story. I only got in to it with Mudcat once. I started making frivolous remarks about propane safety if I remember. I tend to think our society overemphasizes safety. I was probably half serious. We were different religions and get along well. But alas, propane divided us like nothing else could.

Anyway, if you're out there, we miss you Mud.

3DOP

Doctor Strauss, Jan, Nghthawke, gtaggart

There was a catholic poster whose name started with r iirc.  He lived in Utah, married to a reactivated Latter-day Saint woman.  I have been looking for his name, but can't find it so far or it has not registered as his.

Edited by Calm
17 minutes ago, Calm said:

Doctor Strauss, Jan, Nghthawke, gtaggart

There was a catholic poster whose name started with r iirc.  He lived in Utah, married to a reactivated Latter-day Saint woman.  I have been looking for his name, but can't find it so far or it has not registered as his.

Dr Steuss! Yes, I hope he is well. gtaggart? I didn't find him unique back in the day. Typical LDS politically...yesterday. I hope he is still. I can only remember Nighthawke...not Jan. 

Maybe we should do more archive diving. I haven't said much of anything different for years. The discussion is changed. Mis Nobis, if you were me, the discussion was better in the archives. For me same sex marriage will never be a matter for discussion. It is boring except as a phenomenon that has emerged like a mushroom, over night. I don't care about the 2010's. The stupidest, most irrational, emotionally driven decade since...ever?

Regards,

Woodstock

I may have met gtaggart at a FM conference and that is why I remember the name in fondness because I can't pinpoint anything besides I liked him.  :)

Jan may have gone by another name.

Charity was great, there was TChild2, seemed like a cool guy. I remember a St. Balthasar? something like that, he was a relative of Elder Wirthlin IIRC and had some neat-o-rama stories. Another poster, forget her name, but she apparently passed away, she lived in Utah, I can picture her but can't recall her screen name though. I am glad Katherine the Great is back, I love her posts!!!! I;ve been posting on here since 2003 or 4? something, I used to go by another name, "Hondo".

7 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Charity was great, there was TChild2, seemed like a cool guy. I remember a St. Balthasar? something like that, he was a relative of Elder Wirthlin IIRC and had some neat-o-rama stories. Another poster, forget her name, but she apparently passed away, she lived in Utah, I can picture her but can't recall her screen name though. I am glad Katherine the Great is back, I love her posts!!!! I;ve been posting on here since 2003 or 4? something, I used to go by another name, "Hondo".

And you used to have the photo of Charlie Chaplin but your name was as it is now. Boy, you've been around for a long time, and you're so young!

29 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

And you used to have the photo of Charlie Chaplin but your name was as it is now. Boy, you've been around for a long time, and you're so young!

I remember that yeah!!! I had all but forgotten about it! well, Thank you🎩

4 hours ago, 3DOP said:

Dr Steuss! Yes, I hope he is well. gtaggart? I didn't find him unique back in the day. Typical LDS politically...yesterday. I hope he is still. I can only remember Nighthawke...not Jan. 

Maybe we should do more archive diving. I haven't said much of anything different for years. The discussion is changed. Mis Nobis, if you were me, the discussion was better in the archives. For me same sex marriage will never be a matter for discussion. It is boring except as a phenomenon that has emerged like a mushroom, over night. I don't care about the 2010's. The stupidest, most irrational, emotionally driven decade since...ever?

Regards,

Woodstock

I hear this sentiment a lot on here. What kinds of subjects would you like to have?

17 hours ago, Tacenda said:

I hear this sentiment a lot on here. What kinds of subjects would you like to have?

Tacenda, Hi.

The context of your quote (for others) about sentiment regards my opinion that there was livelier, more interesting discussion in the past. That's just me. I don't want to try to discuss subjects that interest me with people who are bored with those subjects. Besides, why should I repeat in 2019, what you can find the archives? I didn't mean to criticise today as much as I meant to express my satisfaction for yesterday.