Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin Seeker

The Significance of Today

Happy Easter everyone. I thought I’d try to start a meaningful discussion about Easter. What does it mean to you?

For me, I realized today that the experience of Christ’s followers and their brief in his resurrection gives me hope for more than just this mortal life.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Benjamin Seeker said:

Happy Easter everyone. I thought I’d try to start a meaningful discussion about Easter. What does it mean to you?

For me, I realized today that the experience of Christ’s followers and their brief in his resurrection gives me hope for more than just this mortal life.

When like me the body is becoming unglued due to old age it REALLY focuses the mind on the resurrection. 

• Like 2

I taught Sunday School and almost cried. Spirit strong. Sacrament was amazing. Only downside is everyone was visiting family and the sacrament count was way down. Upside is that this is not the month that goes on the quarterly report And influences funding. ;) 

• Like 3

I got to teach the Easter devotional to a Christian group of elderly folks at an assisted living center near my home.  It was a wonderful opportunity and the resurrection takes on special significance when you are with a group of people who are finishing up their mortal years here on earth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRedHen said:

Our Sacrament Meeting was quite nice - mostly musical numbers.  Still, I would prefer if there was a bit more pageantry around Easter and Christmas.  It's like we try so hard not to be like the Catholics we avoid a lot of what they do well.  I think a bigger celebration of the resurrection is not a bad thing.

I’ve been to Christmas and Easter Sunday when other than the holiday hymns, you’d never know it was a holy day. 

Last time that happened there was Much noise in my ward about it.  The following holiday was a different story :)

• Like 1