Seriously No Politics ×

What happened to the prophet?

Looking at other pictures, there is a slight discoloration in some of them that might be a vein or just the way the light shines.  Or it might be a discolored spot of skin thought best to be removed to avoid chance of cancer.  Or he gouged his head on a tree branch or opened cupboard door...at least that is what my husband does.  There are advantages to being short.  And disadvantages to being bald.

Edited by Calm
Just now, Calm said:

Looking at other pictures, there is a slight discoloration in some of them that might be a vein or just the way the light shines.  Or it might be a discolored spot of skin thought best to be removed to avoid chance of cancer.  Or he gouged his head on a tree branch or opened cupboard door...at least that is what my husband does.  There are advantages to being short.

And to having plenty of hair. 

1 minute ago, Scott Lloyd said:

And to having plenty of hair. 

I will tell the world you posted before my edit, you did not clip the quote to steal my joke.  :P

Edited by Calm

I can attest that bald heads can end up with some pretty nasty skin events (without incoming projectiles).  Given the location it could be one of those, but it probably was a collision of sorts. He is up there in age - which means anything from having balance issues (hopefully not) or his head skin doesn´t hold up to cupboard doors as well as it used to, or mine does thankfully. I feel your husband´s pain Calm - both physical and emotional. It really is a silly and a tad bit embarrassing thing to do. I console myself with claiming it was because I was deep in thought about real things and not just uncoordinated.

I was amused a bit while imagining Nelson playing basketball and that it was an elbow as a rebounder came down on him. Basketball can be dangerous! Speaking of which...

The Kansas City Chiefs football team told their quarterback Patrick Mahomes that he can´t play basketball anymore for risk to his football career/team. Do LDS Presidents get similar rules?

8 hours ago, Calm said:

Looking at other pictures, there is a slight discoloration in some of them that might be a vein or just the way the light shines.  Or it might be a discolored spot of skin thought best to be removed to avoid chance of cancer.  Or he gouged his head on a tree branch or opened cupboard door...at least that is what my husband does.  There are advantages to being short.  And disadvantages to being bald.

Heh.  Reminds me of a funny story.  My companion and I were tracting in the Encinitas CA area one day when my companion, walking a few steps ahead of me (evvvvvverybody walks a few steps ahead of me: I'm slooooowwwwwwww. ;) :D) ducked to miss a low-hanging tree branch ... but didn't quite make it.  "Ow!" he said. "Thamn ding."  I asked him, "What?" and he repeated, "Thamn ding."  He did not realize what a gigantic cat he was letting out of the bag.  I took what he, no doubt, intended to be an isolated, single instance of spoonerizing something and began using it regularly.  Thereafter, we spoonerized everything from investigators' names (Joe Polanski became "Poe Jolanski") to days of the week (our Thursday night appointment was held on "nursday Thight," instead).

One day in District Meeting, during training, our District Leader asked us a question.  I don't remember what the question was, but, obviously,  the correct answer (or, I'll say, the "more effective" answer, to use the missionary jargon then in vogue ;)) was, "Yes."  Nobody said anything for several seconds, because we were all sitting there thinking, "Well, what else do we say, other than 'Yes'?"  Finally, I said, "Yell, hes!"  Fortunately, Elder Snow "covered" me by exclaiming, "Hes!"  The Sisters, despite the fact that they were such Celestial Beings, really got a kick out of it when we explained what was going on. :D :rofl: :D 

8 hours ago, bluebell said:

Gang fight. 

Tag-team match between the First Presidency and the three strongest members of the Twelve on WWE Monday Night Raw.  (Hey, when you live alone, ya gotta be creative when it comes to planning "Family" Home Evening! :D :rofl: :D)

1 hour ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

My guess, skin cancer removal. If he were married to a Southern Woman, as I am...he stepped out of line, and got a reminder of the dangers of doing so. :) 

I'm with you on this one. Precancerous skin removal or Aunt Wendy went postal for being awakened ONCE AGAIN in the middle of the night for dictation of revelation.

"WENDY! Take a memo!" 😊

Whap!  "Russell, how many times have I told you not to wake me up like that?!" :blink::shok::mega_shok: