Sign in to follow this  
Bill “Papa” Lee

The never ending journey of coming unto Christ, and the road of conversion.

Posted (edited)

This month marks the 40th year of membership since (in a swimming pool of a small hotel, which was then, West Germany) my baptism. The Church has grown form 4,000+, to 16,000+ since)  I have experienced both , “high and lows”, in this journey. I have cherished it all, the highs, and the lows. Each peak and, each valley have taught me various lessons, and each have taught me great wisdom, even my doubts,have taught me wisdom. I have learned that all things are a journey, or a path which I must walk, a path which all must walk, no matter their office or station. In fact our journey’s are either fashioned for us, or random, that God may judge us, to prove us worthy and fit for his “Kingdom”, to grant us “Eternal Life”, his life. This last General Conference, I watched each hour (live), a total of 10 hours, which served to strengthen my testimony in remarkable ways. It has brought me closer to our Savior, and to scripture once again, and the study, which I can’t seem to put them down as of the last week. Also making me more aware that, “coming unto to Christ”, is not a destination, but a journey, a calling, and an opportunity to stop along the way, both to enjoy and smell the roses, at the same time.

I am reminded that, we have a God, who is also “our Father”, and like all righteous Fathers, he will and does do all he can for those who are his children. In our Faith, he will (or does) create a Kingdom, or reward for all, unless they are “Sons of Perdition”, who through rebellion to those who know him, but do all they can to destroy all who believe. To coin a phrase from a past Prophet or Apostle, who will “look into the sun and deny it is shinning”, (hope I quoted it corrected, or at least gave a proper paraphrase). Someone like “Korihor”, who both knew God and truth, but sought to deceive, and to destroy to Faith and the agency of others. Just as Satan did did in the Heavens, and here upon the Earth, in the Garden of Eden, and continues to do so daily. The “war in heaven”, has never ended, it has just changed location. It now rages in every corner of the Earth, and more sadly in our homes. The Prophet said, Satan has no power over us, except that which we give him”. I will no longer give it to him the power over him he seeks, or I hope I do not! 

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

This month marks the 40th year of membership since (in a swimming pool of a small hotel, which was then, West Germany) my baptism. The Church has grown form 4,000+, to 16,000+ since)  I have experienced both , “high and lows”, in this journey. I have cherished it all, the highs, and the lows. Each peak and, each valley have taught me various lessons, and each have taught me great wisdom, even my doubts,have taught me wisdom. I have learned that all things are a journey, or a path which I must walk, a path which all must walk, no matter their office or station. In fact our journey’s are either fashioned for us, or random, that God may judge us, to prove us worthy and fit for his “Kingdom”, to grant us “Eternal Life”, his life. This last General Conference, I watched each hour (live), a total of 10 hours, which served to strengthen my testimony in remarkable ways. It has brought me closer to our Savior, and to scripture once again, and the study, which I can’t seem to put them down as of the last week. Also making me more aware that, “coming unto to Christ”, is not a destination, but a journey, a calling, and an opportunity to stop along the way, both to enjoy and smell the roses, at the same time.

I am reminded that, we have a God, who is also “our Father”, and like all righteous Fathers, he will and does do all he can for those who are his children. In our Faith, he will (or does) create a Kingdom, or reward for all, unless they are “Sons of Perdition”, who through rebellion to those who know him, but do all they can to destroy all who believe. To coin a phrase from a past Prophet or Apostle, who will “look into the sun and deny it is shinning”, (hope I quoted it corrected, or at least gave a proper paraphrase). Someone like “Korihor”, who both knew God and truth, but sought to deceive, and to destroy to Faith and the agency of others. Just as Satan did did in the Heavens, and here upon the Earth, in the Garden of Eden, and continues to do so daily. The “war in heaven”, has never ended, it has just changed location. It now rages in every corner of the Earth, and more sadly in our homes. The Prophet said, Satan has no power over us, except that which we give him”. I will no longer give it to him the power over him he seeks, or I hope I do not! 

Wow, did misspell something important; again! Sadly I can’t make a correction. 

Posted (edited)

There is still the three word thread to speed up getting to 25 posts so you can edit.  :)

It has been sadly neglected lately.

Edited by Calm

14 hours ago, Calm said:

There is still the three word thread to speed up getting to 25 posts so you can edit.  :)

I forgot about that, thank you. You’re great. 

15 hours ago, Calm said:

Done

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Calm said:

I got the 25, so can you help me with the “three words”, I mistelled? 

Your older posts should be able to be edited now. I am not a mod so can’t edit it for you. 

• Like 1