Seriously No Politics ×

JosephSmithPapers: Corrupted Search Results

Visit JosephSmithPapers.org and in the search box enter “Cumorah”.

It will return 16 results for “Cumorah” and the 16 links to articles from Church History.

But none of the 16 results will include the two instances Cumorah is mentioned in Letter VII.

These two links, two pages next to each other:

https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper-summary/history-1834-1836/90

https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper-summary/history-1834-1836/91

Oliver Cowdery wrote in the first: “on the fact, that here, between these hills, the entire power and national strength of both the Jaredites and Nephites were destroyed. By turning to the 529th and 530thpages of the book of Mormonyou will read Mormon’s account of the last great struggle of his people, as they were encamped round this hill Cumorah.”

In the second he wrote: “He, however, by divine appointment, abridged from those records, in his own style and language, a short account of the more important and prominent items, from the days of Lehi to his own time, after which he deposited, as he says, on the 529th page, all the records in this same hill, Cumorah and after gave his small record to his son Moroni, who, as appears from the same, finished, after witnessing the extinction of his people as a nation.

Why are these two pages left out of the search result, you may wonder? Why are they hidden?

These two statements directly conflict with the Mesoamerica Geography Theory for The Book of Mormon which originated with RLDS Scholars and is now being promoted today by Scholars who are members of the LDS Church or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This Mesoamerica theory claims there are two Hills of Cumorah, the original one being in Central America where the final battles took place and where the Prophet Mormon buried the many records.

Now you know why the two statements above by Oliver Cowdery conflict with this plagiarized Two-Hill Cumorah Mesoamerica Geography Theory.

So what influence is JosephSmithPapers receiving which would leave out these two search results? A computer error in the search is unlikely. Search features have long been available in many software products, such as MS Excel, Word, and so forth.

Notice the influence by BookofMormonCentral (BMC) on JosephSmithPapers. BMC promotes the Mesoamerica Geography theory. BMC recently published what they call a “KnoWhy” stating we should disbelieve Oliver Cowdrey in Letter VII. It’s FAKE NEWS so I won’t link to it.

(It should be called a KnowLie.)

But I will link to Jack Welch’s bio at BMC.

Jack Welch the founder of FARMS and recently in 2015 the founder of BMC. Notice Jack Welch’s influence over JosephSmithPapers:

https://bookofmormoncentral.org/content/donation-instructions

2007 - Present   Consulting Editor, Joseph Smith Papers Project

2015 -                Co-Founded Book of Mormon Central

Now you know one the main sources of this FAKE Mesoamerica Two-Hill Cumorah Geography Theory and its influence on Church History.

B08D9F87-29F4-48D1-8BDE-E32F60B32D79.jpeg

See the link at the bottom of the reference 

Can’t cut and paste, but it states “show only references from this document” or something close, followed by a circle with a 7 in it

Looks like to avoid too many references, they refer in the full site search to a document once and then by clicking on the link with the number of internal references, you pull up a page with all of them. 

So in the history referred to there are 7 references, including the two you mentioned. 

7 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

It is so easy to come up with fake conspiratorial claims on almost any subject, rather than accepting that digital systems are quite imperfect.  God is not in the machines.

Actually the digital system is working just fine here. It is man made error, Burnside’s, that is at fault. He apparently didn’t read the full citation or ignored the “show results...” link.   Should have put as much effort into examining the site as he did accusing it, likely would have avoided the mistake  

Type in a term that is likely to be used more than once and the same thing happens. I tried it with Palmyra and about thrv4th or 5th reference had 2 results that to see I had to click one more link. 

Edited by Calm
7 hours ago, Calm said:

Actually the digital system is working just fine here. It is man made error, Burnside’s, that is at fault. He apparently didn’t read the full citation or ignored the “show results...” link.   Should have put as much effort into examining the site as he did accusing it, likely would have avoided the mistake  

Type in a term that is likely to be used more than once and the same thing happens. I tried it with Palmyra and about thrv4th or 5th reference had 2 results that to see I had to click one more link. 

Thanks, Calm.  I edited my remarks to reflect that fact.

6 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Burnside has to grab his tinfoil hat before the Illuminati can target him with their satellite mind control lasers.

Be nice please.  I want to see what he says and if this thread gets loaded with such, it may get locked or ignored.

Edited by Calm

Well, I saw Burnside in here a few minutes ago and he has apparently left without saying anything.

I am not impressed.  How long does it take to say "oops"?

Edited by Calm
2 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

That was the nice version. You should see what I typed before I edited it. ;) 

Well, I am less inclined to be nice since he had a chance and refused to alter his false accusations.

8 minutes ago, Calm said:

Well, I am less inclined to be nice since he had a chance and refused to alter his false accusations.

Eating crow is humbling and for those with an aggressive nature (I know :)), it is a difficult dish to chew. However, it is strange that he would run from it. 

On 3/20/2019 at 1:07 AM, Calm said:

The returned 7 summarized search result shows the last from page 101, even though Oliver Cowdery’s remarks about Cumorah was the first mentioned in the document on page 86 of the document. Click on the “7” link and you’ll see.

It then should also show as the first in the summarized search result, not the last.

The same occurs for Lucy Mack Smith’s biography of her son.

AE2DA5F2-DB76-4571-814D-FC6A5766557A.jpeg

Enter “John Lloyd Stephens” in the search field at Joseph Smith Papers, and this historical intro appears, an EDITORIAL by Church employees:

https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper-summary/appendix-orson-pratt-an-interesting-account-of-several-remarkable-visions-1840/1#historical-intro

In his description of the Book of Mormon, 

Orson Pratt

superimposed his understanding of Book of Mormon geography onto the Western Hemisphere by placing the Nephites in South America and the Jaredites in North America. Pratt’s association of Book of Mormon peoples with the history of all of North and South America matched common understanding of early Latter-day Saints. Shortly thereafter, when John Lloyd Stephens’s Incidents of Travel in Central America, Chiapas, and Yucatan became available in 

Nauvoo

in about 1842, JS greeted it enthusiastically and church members used it to map Book of Mormon sites in a Central American setting.

“Joseph Smith greeted it enthusiastically and church members used it to map Book of Mormon sites in a Central America setting.”

Ha ha ha 😁. What a joke. 

Was there any editorializing for Oliver Cowdery’s comment in Letter VII about his statement that it was a “fact” the final Jaredite and Nephite battles occurred near the Hill Cumorah in New York? No!  

Joseph Smith greeted a travel book enthusiastically, and Book of Mormon Central has its fingerprints in that comment.

15 hours ago, Burnside said:

The returned 7 summarized search result shows the last from page 101, even though Oliver Cowdery’s remarks about Cumorah was the first mentioned in the document on page 86 of the document. Click on the “7” link and you’ll see.

It then should also show as the first in the summarized search result, not the last.

The same occurs for Lucy Mack Smith’s biography of her son.

AE2DA5F2-DB76-4571-814D-FC6A5766557A.jpeg

I am not sure you understand how searches work. This is not a straight find function in a Word document.

14 hours ago, Burnside said:

Enter “John Lloyd Stephens” in the search field at Joseph Smith Papers, and this historical intro appears, an EDITORIAL by Church employees:

https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper-summary/appendix-orson-pratt-an-interesting-account-of-several-remarkable-visions-1840/1#historical-intro

In his description of the Book of Mormon, 

Orson Pratt

superimposed his understanding of Book of Mormon geography onto the Western Hemisphere by placing the Nephites in South America and the Jaredites in North America. Pratt’s association of Book of Mormon peoples with the history of all of North and South America matched common understanding of early Latter-day Saints. Shortly thereafter, when John Lloyd Stephens’s Incidents of Travel in Central America, Chiapas, and Yucatan became available in 

Nauvoo

in about 1842, JS greeted it enthusiastically and church members used it to map Book of Mormon sites in a Central American setting.

“Joseph Smith greeted it enthusiastically and church members used it to map Book of Mormon sites in a Central America setting.”

Ha ha ha 😁. What a joke. 

Was there any editorializing for Oliver Cowdery’s comment in Letter VII about his statement that it was a “fact” the final Jaredite and Nephite battles occurred near the Hill Cumorah in New York? No!  

Joseph Smith greeted a travel book enthusiastically, and Book of Mormon Central has its fingerprints in that comment.

quoth-the-raven-bro-you-cray-cray-~b-ryc