Seriously No Politics ×

Missionaries being detained in Russia

On 3/6/2019 at 8:03 AM, Gray said:

Maybe once the Putin regime has been toppled.

I remember when liberals were against toppling democratically elected leaders.  The Red Baiting is strong with you.  :)

I suppose you think Venezuelans are really starving due to Maduro.  Couldn't possibly be that the USA is blocking food and supplies from entering the country to weaken Maduro.  

Edited by 6EQUJ5
1 minute ago, MiserereNobis said:

You all good with Hamas, then?

Yes.  They are elected.

I don't like Hamas.  They are terrorists.  But they were elected by the people.

The Book of Mormon is very clear that the "voice of the people" is sacred.  Even when we may personally disagree with that voice.

1 minute ago, 6EQUJ5 said:

I see you have bought into the propoganda and still believe Cohen was in Prague 

You ever been to Russia?  A friend and business associate of my husband was assassinated because he fought the takeover of his business by Russian mafia including the mayor of Moscow.  My brother-in-law was warned by the US government not to come back to Russia at the risk of his life.  Those are the ones I personally know.

3 minutes ago, Calm said:

You ever been to Russia?  A friend and business associate of my husband was assassinated because he fought the takeover of his business by Russian mafia including the mayor of Moscow.  My brother-in-law was warned by the US government not to come back to Russia at the risk of his life.  Those are the ones I personally know.

I owned and operated a business in Moscow for several years.  I never had any problems and received no warnings.  I certainly can't speak to anyone else's experience, but my time in Russia was very pleasant.

6 minutes ago, 6EQUJ5 said:

I owned and operated a business in Moscow for several years.  I never had any problems and received no warnings.  I certainly can't speak to anyone else's experience, but my time in Russia was very pleasant.

I am glad it worked out for you. 

On 3/8/2019 at 9:39 PM, 6EQUJ5 said:

Propoganda and lies.

Putin is the duly elected leader of Russia.  We Americans need to get off our high horse and stop telling others how they should vote.

That's adorable. So you've gone from parroting Russian active measures to just directly propagandizing for Russia now?

On 3/8/2019 at 9:41 PM, 6EQUJ5 said:

I remember when liberals were against toppling democratically elected leaders.  The Red Baiting is strong with you.  :)

There are no free elections in Russia, comrade. There is just the mafia and the mafia takes what it wants.

I suppose you think Venezuelans are really starving due to Maduro.  Couldn't possibly be that the USA is blocking food and supplies from entering the country to weaken Maduro.  

Maduro is another stooge of Putin. Strange that you spend so much time advocating for Russia. Hope you've registered with FARA.

Edited by Gray
On 3/5/2019 at 11:19 PM, JLHPROF said:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-detains-2-lds-volunteers-church-says

I know a URL isn't a topic, but I wonder just how long till the missionaries will be called home.  Some areas of the world are just so dangerous.

I'm not sure if the prophecy is about at the Last Days, all missionaries will be called home (like return from serving abroad) or they will only be called to their own country of origin.  The latter seems more likely to happen before the former.  Either way, I'm still planning on attending the Russian Temple dedication.