Seriously No Politics ×

Site instability

My problem over the past week in the inability to get to the site. Just get an error message and to try again. Longest has been a day - maybe lack of trying too, but usually try several times each day. Other times it is not until the evening before I am able to get to the site.

I'm chuckling to myself... this is the first time in 2 days I've been able to get on the Board, and I can't tell you how good it feels... like a real relief... what does that say about my addiction to this board??  ☺️

GG

7 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

I'm chuckling to myself... this is the first time in 2 days I've been able to get on the Board, and I can't tell you how good it feels... like a real relief... what does that say about my addiction to this board??  ☺️

GG

Same here GG, what is up with that, lol!?!

2 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Same here GG, what is up with that, lol!?!

I don't know what causes the "403 error" message, but relieved it's not just me... I was laughing because I couldn't believe how relieved I felt to be able to get on board...  I need a life ☺️

Hope this finds you well, Tacenda...

GG

I've been shut out for a few days.  Using Chrome, but also tried Edge, but got same result: 500, which is a server error I believe.  This is the first time I've gotten on since Sunday.

It's becoming clearer that the plague of site instability began after the mods stubbornly refused to obey President Nelson's council and let the name of this board go.  I expect to see lots of bugs on this site soon.  Hopefully the mods only have daughters.

My tech seems to be completely freezing up more, but I just close the window and wait a minute, so a good tool for teaching patience.

I would rather that than crashing the site, so progress.  

Edited by Calm
  • 4 weeks later...

Since the latest update, for some reason copy/pasted links aren't automatically made active most of the time (just enough so I can't get into a habit of using the insert link option).  Is there any way to make it go back to the auto mode?  If not, no problem, the fussiness of editing is more a problem of my old tech most likely and that should improve come fall.

Edited by Calm
On 2/28/2019 at 1:36 PM, Nemesis said:

We did an upgrade recently and it seems it caused the site to become unstable and crash the servers.  Hopefully it gets fixed soon.  

Sounds like seismic activity, 

I suggest closing the site down for four years, do some much needed structural reinforcement, and some updating of the design that will turn the focus onto the savior.

I promise, you'll love the changes!