Jump to content
Nemesis

Site instability

Recommended Posts

We did an upgrade recently and it seems it caused the site to become unstable and crash the servers.  Hopefully it gets fixed soon.  

Share this post


Link to post

FYI, I’ve gotten an error message 5 or 6 different times over the past couple of days when trying to log on.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

If it is any help, I have found most issues  like this are PEBCAK errors. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I am finding it takes several taps on my iPad for links and buttons to recognize my 'click'.  I am having a bit of a problem with the wifi connection not being recognized by another program, so may not be the board...so asking if anyone else is having the same issues or is it time to reboot my modem or whatever one calls it these days. (And to think I used to take classes in computer science...it is embarrassing how little I know about tech these days, but not embarrassing enough to research it).

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone else notice you can quote and type a response now without logging in?  I've done this a few times now and gone to post it (that's not allowed still) and realized I can't until I log in.  That's new (for me at least).

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, ALarson said:

Anyone else notice you can quote and type a response now without logging in?  I've done this a few times now and gone to post it (that's not allowed still) and realized I can't until I log in.  That's new (for me at least).

It’s been years since I’ve logged out and needed to log back in. That’s an interesting change though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't noticed that, but I have noticed that the link at the bottom of the page now reads "GO TO TOPIC LISTING" instead of "Back to General Discussions" or something like that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

As someone who is seriously tech challenged, I finally was able to get on and am glad to know it isn't/wasn't just me.... it's all I can do to navigate the Board, and email 🙂

from the beach on a rainy afternoon... we had SNOW twice this week... going to get out now and restock before the weekend...

GG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Site is still being temperamental. There was a patch yesterday to fix issues that caused different issues.  Will be keeping an eye on things. 

Share this post


Link to post

I was hoping that the recent update would make it possible for me to edit "My Interests" in my Profile.  Nope.  It still won't allow me to enter more than 5 characters.

For your information, @Nemesis, I participate in other boards using the InVision software, and on none of them do I have a problem editing profile fields.  Something is not right here.  Perhaps one should consult with the software provider?

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

I was hoping that the recent update would make it possible for me to edit "My Interests" in my Profile.  Nope.  It still won't allow me to enter more than 5 characters.

For your information, @Nemesis, I participate in other boards using the InVision software, and on none of them do I have a problem editing profile fields.  Something is not right here.  Perhaps one should consult with the software provider?

Try now

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Try now

Wow!  It's a miracle!  Thanks, now I feel fulfilled.  🙂 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I had an error 500 and couldn't get on for a couple of hours today and a couple of days ago, problems at my end or your end ??

Share this post


Link to post

The error shutting down the site seems to happen around midnight for me.  Timing varies for when it shows up again.

Given the post traffic, it looks like it affects everyone the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/28/2019 at 5:19 PM, Calm said:

I am finding it takes several taps on my iPad for links and buttons to recognize my 'click'.  I am having a bit of a problem with the wifi connection not being recognized by another program, so may not be the board...so asking if anyone else is having the same issues or is it time to reboot my modem or whatever one calls it these days. (And to think I used to take classes in computer science...it is embarrassing how little I know about tech these days, but not embarrassing enough to research it).

Same here with the clicks

Share this post


Link to post

Still monitoring the server.  We applied a database patch to see if that would fix the crash.

Nemesis

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Can't edit because it won't "save"

 

i just used the edit feature.  People using chrome have reported some issues.  Maybe clear cache?

testing

Edited by Calm

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Looks like it is the intermittent thing with taking multiple times of clicking on things to activate them.  Doesn't always happen.  That time it took about five times hitting edit to open the reply box, but "save" never registered even after ten or so.

Otoh, first time worked for both just now.  

Not a big deal.  Just need to be a bit more careful to complete my thought or wait for five minutes and try again.

I use safari, btw.

Edited by Calm

Share this post


Link to post

Recently,I could only get in once in awhile.  Figured there was an "ex/anti" button somewhere....😊  Actually, really thought you were all trying to rename the board away from "Mormon"..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

The problem with editing, saving, and having to hit the buttons multiple times seems to be connected with higher traffic.  I have noticed it happening with each post for last hour or so 6-7 PM), while no problem otherwise.

Not complaining, just offering in case it helps pinpoint issues that are causing bigger things.

Crashing didn't occur right at midnight like I expected, but a few minutes afterwards.  And editing issues seem to occur when it is likely someone else is responding.  Perhaps the site maxes out too quickly on what it can do, assuming it starts the reset or whatever is going on at mindnight and then gets overloaded a bit later?

Edited by Calm

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...