Seriously No Politics ×

Elder Bednar Got a fist bump today

Okrahomer

Fist bumping apostles?  Is that:

(a) a sure sign that the Second Coming is nigh?

(b) the first step on the high road to apostasy?

;) :D :rofl: 

Sorry.  Couldn't resist!

It reminded me of this, from a thread a few years ago, which I posted in a thread about old For The Strength of Youth pamphlets.  When someone suggested that perhaps one of the '60's guidelines was, "Be hip, but not too groovy," I posted this picture and asked, "Are these guys (a) hip, (b ) groovy, (c) both, or (d) neither"? 

bednar+perry+fist+bump.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't registered it before for some reason, but just came across Elder Bednar speaking about his nonmember father, probably Catholic. Not the 'typical' upbringing many imagine apostles to have had.

https://www.lds.org/youth/video/priesthood-authority-and-power?lang=eng

On 3/2/2019 at 11:59 AM, Kenngo1969 said:

Fist bumping apostles?  Is that:

(a) a sure sign that the Second Coming is nigh?

(b) the first step on the high road to apostasy?

;) :D :rofl: 

Sorry.  Couldn't resist!

It reminded me of this, from a thread a few years ago, which I posted in a thread about old For The Strength of Youth pamphlets.  When someone suggested that perhaps one of the '60's guidelines was, "Be hip, but not too groovy," I posted this picture and asked, "Are these guys (a) hip, (b ) groovy, (c) both, or (d) neither"? 

bednar+perry+fist+bump.jpg

This could be during the time that the H1N1 virus was making the rounds and they were even telling people in my ward anyway, to not shake hands, and how hard that is in the church to not shake hands. I'm betting this was during that time. 

If you look at the video, they are obviously having fun. No one else is fist bunping, but shaking hands; they are moving off the stand.  They have been sitting next to each other for hours.

April 2014 iirc, no H1N1 outbreak I think

Edited by Calm