Sign in to follow this  
poptart

Conflict

Need some advice, been reflecting a lot, esp. since i'm changing careers.  One thing i've learned over the past few years, living semi-isolated isn't a good idea, I can see the toll it's taken on me.  Said it before, all things considered the LDS have been among the most kind and compared to other groups not as judging.  Thing that kept me from going back to a ward, besides my own mental issues, love of men and well, bouts of crazy are the horrible memories of almost being on the street and for the most part no one really caring.  Still, small potatoes compared to the other groups i've had dealings with.  Also, I'm much more likely to see an Asian cultural festival at an LDS ward, that or a Luau with actual Pacific Islanders.  This probably comes off as rambling, I feel like i'm at a crossroads of sorts.

• Like 2

You seem to have a nice personality, poptart, so you should certainly seek a community where you feel comfortable and accepted (within reason).  Just take it one day at a time.  Do the best you can.  That's all you can do.  ☺️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, poptart said:

Need some advice,

Sorry I do not understand what advice you are looking for.  It is mostly me not understanding the problem?

32 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

You seem to have a nice personality, poptart, so you should certainly seek a community where you feel comfortable and accepted (within reason).  Just take it one day at a time.  Do the best you can.  That's all you can do.  ☺️

That's the thing, had my chance to look around, most buddhist communities i've been to have been fantastic, met one of moms cousins from maui last year at one of the festivals, guy was doing an anime convention and his daughter hula the next day. 

That's actually why the LDS get so many points with me, mom went to BYUH and wow the church has done a lot of good for pacific islanders. 

• Like 2

I am not really interested in finding a group of people to validate my existence or even my state of being. What I find most helpful is a group that inspires me to meet my own goals and objectives. Find the group that challenges you and inspires you to move forward on a path of happiness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Storm Rider said:

I am not really interested in finding a group of people to validate my existence or even my state of being. What I find most helpful is a group that inspires me to meet my own goals and objectives. Find the group that challenges you and inspires you to move forward on a path of happiness.

Go on...