Seriously No Politics ×

Poster Missing

Jeanne

On 2/13/2019 at 5:05 PM, Jeanne said:

wow... a lot of people missing here. 

Tons of our best posters have dropped off the last while.  There are many I am missing.

I can understand.  I've cut back on my own posting lately, for I am beginning to find this site more tedious of late, but apparently not quite tedious enough to quit posting altogether.

I feel the rule against  politics somewhat restraining, since our religion gives a unique view of political issues.  It is difficult to know where to draw the line.  
Religion and politics are very intertwined and provide interesting topics for discussion.  Give us a separate room.

Finally I personally dislike the restrictions on new members posting new threads -- to prevent trolling. 
Hells bells, let them come in and do their best, within limits, of course.

Let's create a youtube channel and have videos on some our discussions and invite viewers to continue the discussion.  Invite guest such as Jeff Durben (no ExMomons, please).

Edited by cdowis
11 hours ago, cdowis said:

I feel the rule against  politics somewhat restraining, since our religion gives a unique view of political issues.  It is difficult to know where to draw the line.  
Religion and politics are very intertwined and provide interesting topics for discussion.  Give us a separate room.

Finally I personally dislike the restrictions on new members posting new threads -- to prevent trolling. 
Hells bells, let them come in and do their best, within limits, of course.

Let's create a youtube channel and have videos on some our discussions and invite viewers to continue the discussion.  Invite guest such as Jeff Durben (no ExMomons, please).

I think this place has gotten way more tolerant of political discussion. Should have seen it 12-13 years ago, where any potential whiff of a possibility that a breath of political mention could come up got a thread locked. Never really understood that because it’s not like religion, life, and politics can all be neatly compartmentalized.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:41 PM, Jeanne said:

I haven't seen Smac around for awhile.  Is he okay?   Just curious.

Thanks..Jeanne

That Bill "Papa" Lee (the most forgettable person you might never miss fellow has been gone, for at least a month or so. Don't worry, this is not a comeback, just stopped by to make a prayer request. in another thread of course.

2 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

That Bill "Papa" Lee (the most forgettable person you might never miss fellow has been gone, for at least a month or so. Don't worry, this is not a comeback, just stopped by to make a prayer request. in another thread of course.

I don't post a lot myself...so...I d on't think you are close to forgettable....!!!

3 hours ago, Jeanne said:

I don't post a lot myself...so...I d on't think you are close to forgettable....!!!

Thank you, but I was not seeking pity, or to be mentioned. I was just pointing out the obvious. No one (well two replied) to the thread I posted (I only noticed yesterday however) about taking time look inward, and turn to the scriptures, hundreds viewed it. But of those hundreds, no one cared anyway. As I recently posted on Facebook, I have been very silly to assume that others feel the same way concerning friendship, as I have (or do). Some may have felt as if I was becoming an "apostate", and just did not know what to say...who knows? People are often frightened if they think people might be becoming non-believers or apostates, and are afraid to speak or in this case reply. But  the odd thing is, we should "leave the 99, and seek out the one who is lost", or whom we think are lost. I am still a believer, serving in a calling in my Ward, and I will always be a believer; always! But my silly idea that all I think of as friends, don't always view me as the same. The "scales have fallen from my eyes", in the hope, it will cause me less pain. I am 61 years old, and it is time I grow up! But, I thank you for your kind words, and if you viewed my other thread, I would ask for your prayers for in behalf of my wife. May God bless you.

On 2/17/2019 at 1:52 PM, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

But of those hundreds, no one cared anyway

If you go look and see who is online, you will see that the majority of them are "guests", which are either lurkers or perhaps bots that surf for info for search engines (assuming that is how they work as .I have never looked into them).

So the hundreds might be actually include under a dozen of people or even less who could actually respond (are signed up on the board).  There are few threads that attract more than a handful of posters.  And maybe they are like me and just in the winter blues and not in the mood for posting much.

http://www.mormondialogue.org/online/

Edited by Calm