Metis_LDS

Before the Temple is Restored in Jerusalem

My spouse has some Jewish blood,  so please be respectful of the Jewish peoples when posting.

I was watching a program about the site of the Temple in Jerusalem.

What struck me even more is that the Jews must reunite before the Temple can be restored to them.

Who could decide who would administer the Temple.  We get hung up on where the temple location will be,

but there are bigger things than placement problems that have to be resolved before. 

Edited by Metis_LDS
changed wording from negative to positive

The Lord will decide. We of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are only one piece on God's chess board. How will the sons of levi be purified ala Malachi 3? Hezekiah purified the levites in his day as a righteous king in a time of wickedness. Isaiah was the prophet of Hezekiahs day who used the people and places of his day in his prophecies to layer the prophecies of the end times. 

The Jews need the purified levites as well as the one who purifies them first before a temple will be of any value imho. 

• Like 1

(Isaiah 49:16)
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands;

The Lord will not forget.

• Like 1

from lds.org

Ezekiel 47 gives Ezekiel’s vision of how water will yet flow from underneath the temple in Jerusalem and flow to the east, becoming larger and larger until it becomes a river of water. The river will flow into the Dead Sea and make it “alive” again with fish and vegetation. The Prophet Joseph Smith said: “Judah must return, Jerusalem must be rebuilt, and the temple, and water come out from under the temple, and the waters of the Dead Sea be healed. It will take some time to rebuild the walls of the city and the temple, … and all this must be done before the Son of Man will make His appearance” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 286).

• Like 1

In order for the dead sea to be healed , there has to be a way for the water to leave it. Currently water comes in but there is no good way out so there is a lot of evaporation and the salt levels are very high. In my opinion there would need to be a big earthquake to split open near the south end of the sea and make a passage to a nearby coast.

• Like 1

The dead sea is already being healed

Just now, Alaris said:

The dead sea is already being healed

Could you please provide more information,  I think I heard something about it before.

9 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

My spouse has some Jewish blood,  so please be respectful of the Jewish peoples when posting.

I was all set to be disrespectful but the presence of someone married to someone with Jewish blood has shamed me into silence.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Alaris said:

Aren't those creatures that have been for a while? 

I think to heal the Dead Sea you'd have to have the Jordan river start flowing into it again or have major weather changes. Who knows what climate change may bring though. We may soon jump to new stability points due to warming causing more water to flow into the region. I've long thought many prophecies such as the death of life in the ocean (Wormwood) may reflect climate change. Although heaven knows it can be interpreted in many ways.

Edited by clarkgoble

10 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

What struck me even more is that the Jews must reunite before the Temple can be restored to them.

Who could decide who would administer the Temple.  We get hung up on where the temple location will be,

but there are bigger things than placement problems that have to be resolved before. 

What do you think of this very interesting group?

https://templeinstitute.org/main.htm

S HALOM AND WELCOME to the official website of the TEMPLE INSTITUTE in Jerusalem, Israel. The Temple Institute is dedicated to every aspect of the Holy Temple of Jerusalem, and the central role it fulfilled, and will once again fulfill, in the spiritual wellbeing of both Israel and all the nations of the world. The Institute's work touches upon the history of the Holy Temple's past, an understanding of the present day, and the Divine promise of Israel's future. The Institute's activities include education, research, and development. The Temple Institute's ultimate goal is to see Israel rebuild the Holy Temple on Mount Moriah in Jerusalem, in accord with the Biblical commandments. We invite you to read our Statement of Principles. To learn more about the Temple Institute, click here.

I read the second article and have a quibble. It says that the equivalent of 600 Olympic pools of water are diverted each day. It then says that is 750 million cubic inches of water every year. I thing the math is WAY out. One pool has over 88000 cubic feet of water which is over 152 million cubic inches all by itself. It always makes me wonder if there are other errors in the article. I think the number should be 750 million acre/feet of water. 

13 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

from lds.org

Ezekiel 47 gives Ezekiel’s vision of how water will yet flow from underneath the temple in Jerusalem and flow to the east, becoming larger and larger until it becomes a river of water. The river will flow into the Dead Sea and make it “alive” again with fish and vegetation. The Prophet Joseph Smith said: “Judah must return, Jerusalem must be rebuilt, and the temple, and water come out from under the temple, and the waters of the Dead Sea be healed. It will take some time to rebuild the walls of the city and the temple, … and all this must be done before the Son of Man will make His appearance” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 286).

Correct.  At the direction of Joseph Smith, Apostle Orson Hyde went to the Holy Land in 1841 and made a special dedicatory prayer on the Mount of Olives, which did two things: (1) began the final gathering of the Jews to Palestine, and (2) blessed them to rebuild their temple.  That prayer in Hebrew & English is found on the Mt of Olives today in the Orson Hyde Garden.

That temple will be built at the same place the previous temples were built, and the Jews have already gathered the equipment and clothing for their priests, and are training them for their sacrificial duties.  When all that will come to fruition is anyone's guess.  No man knows the day and the hour of the Savior's return.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

What do you think of this very interesting group?

https://templeinstitute.org/main.htm

Yes I had a look there is a lot of material there and even a weekly newsletter.  I read somewhere else that building materials are stored ready to go if the Temple Mount should become available.  In the end the Lord will decided where the Temple will be built.  Perhaps but I cannot be sure that it is a mercy it is not yet as the world is not ready for what it will bring.

Edited by Metis_LDS
formatting

12 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

At the direction of Joseph Smith, Apostle Orson Hyde went to the Holy Land in 1841 and made a special dedicatory prayer on the Mount of Olives

Thanks I had forgotten this (old age I guess).  Wow to think what a tough trip that would of been in 1841.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I was all set to be disrespectful but the presence of someone married to someone with Jewish blood has shamed me into silence.

I have been fortunate to attend LDS churches all over Canada, some in the USA and now the UK.  I have heard members of the church utter all kinds of things in private. I cannot remember any member saying anything against the Jewish people. Mind you I am always stunned when anyone professing belief in Jesus is hateful of his earthly heritage.

6 hours ago, Alaris said:

Both of these are fascinating.  Perhaps a reminder that the politics of water will become a crucial thing in the middle east.

8 hours ago, clarkgoble said:

I think to heal the Dead Sea you'd have to have the Jordan river start flowing into it again or have major weather changes

I have seen prophecies fulfilled in my lifetime in very unexpected ways -- e.g. the building of smaller temples throughout the world.

Edited by cdowis
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

Thanks I had forgotten this (old age I guess).  Wow to think what a tough trip that would of been in 1841.

Mark Twain also went there in 1867 and wrote about it in Innocents Abroad.  People used to travel a lot, despite the difficulties.

6 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

Both of these are fascinating.  Perhaps a reminder that the politics of water will become a crucial thing in the middle east.

The Israelis have already assured their future water supply by building major water purification plants along the Mediterranean coast.  That is where most of the water for their major cities comes from, and it means that there is more water for the Palestinians and for agriculture.  That and drip irrigation has made a huge difference.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

.....................  In the end the Lord will decided where the Temple will be built. .............................................

Actually the Jews will decide. According to the D&C and Zechariah, the Jews will not accept the Lord Jesus until afterward, and that will happen at the Mount of Olives.

There is only one place for the Jewish Temple and that is Mount Moriah, the highest point on the Temple Mount where the Masjid Omar currently sits.  When and how that will take place is unknown.

3 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

There is only one place for the Jewish Temple and that is Mount Moriah, the highest point on the Temple Mount where the Masjid Omar currently sits. 

I cannot say that this is wrong for sure but there are compelling things written by Titus Flavius Josephus born Yosef ben Matityahu. If what he writes in (66-70 CE) is true the temple mount is not where the Dome of the Rock currently sits.  So I feel strongly that we do not know really where the Temple should be.  But for it to be in the place that tradtion says would be astounding!  So someone in the Jewish nation will have to rise up and get revelation to find where the Temple will be built. I do not expect this will be soon.

After posting this I had further thoughts:

One of the problems is that Josephus never saw the temple of Soloman he saw the second temple built by Herod.  We must assume that the second temple was built close to or  right on where the Temple of Solomon was.  The second big problem is that there were no Jewish people in Jerusalem after it was trashed for a very long time,  then generational memory of where buildings stood starts to fail.

Edited by Metis_LDS
added material

On 2/11/2019 at 11:02 AM, Metis_LDS said:

Who do you mean by "Jews must reunite"?

Just Judah? All 12 tribes?

14 minutes ago, provoman said:

Who do you mean by "Jews must reunite"?

Just Judah? All 12 tribes?

I am not a Jewish expert so please correct me if I am wrong.  There does not seem to a central spirtual leader for the whole Jewish faith again maybe I misunderstand.  So I feel what is needed is a Central Spirtual Head that the majority of Jews would follow. Of course there will always be breakaway groups just like we have in the LDS church but they are outnumbered by the body of the church.  Yes the 12 tribes must be restored and then have a central authority.  But who knows perhaps a central authority will arise first and then restore the tribes. 

this is from a website in quotes:

"God also spoke through prophet Ezekiel regarding David’s  return around the the same time as prophet Jeremiah spoke. According to the book of Ezekiel,  David will return after God had gathered the Jews from all nations into their own land and after the formation of one united kingdom of Israel (1948). We can clearly all the prerequisites for David’s return had been fulfilled. Thus,  David’s return is right around the corner."

The lds church already has a temple in Jerusalem.

but it’s in disguise.

C3E93A5B-851F-4165-816D-75CB00BAA45F.jpeg

Edited by Doctrine 612