Seriously No Politics ×

Help finding Lorenzo Snow quote about women and family

Neither I nor other FM members could trace where Truman Madsen got a Lorenzo Snow quote when asked if we could help track it down, so I am hoping there may be someone more familiar with it here.  Anything that approaches it would be welcomed as well.

The specific quote is this:

Pres. Lorenzo Snow said with power on an occasion, 'If a woman did nothing more than that [faithfully take care of her home and family], she would be exalted in the Celestial Kingdom.' If she didn't do one other thing!

https://web.archive.org/web/20170311024808/http://bystudyandfaith.net/tag/lorenzo-snow/

Context is this:

The sacrifice I suggest that the sons of Levi and the daughters of Levi are to offer in the end, is the willingness to give yourself in the cause of saviorhood and to care more about family and the preservation and intensification of family than you care about anything else in this world! And that has costs. Some things have to be given up; some things have to be postponed – and the focus is sacrifice.

“I have to say, honestly, that I find that I believe that it is painful. I have to say that I believe that there are many among us who are easily pulled in other directions, and I have to say that I consider that tragedy. I occasionally hear housewives say that’s what they are – mere housewives. ‘What have you done in the past 20 years?’ ‘Oh, nothing. Ah, I just fed my family three meals a day and more or less kept them together.’ ‘Is that all?’ Pres. Lorenzo Snow said with power on an occasion, ‘If a woman did nothing more than that [faithfully take care of her home and family], she would be exalted in the Celestial Kingdom.’ If she didn’t do one other thing! Our generation is making attractive every other thing but. And that is not the gospel of Jesus Christ. So I plead with you, be forgiving and be sacrificial….

“It is our privilege and calling in our own limited way, to become redemptors of not just the human race but the human family – ours and His. It is impossible to love Him truly and not love what is His – and the Lord God assigned Him all of us. And it is not possible for you to really love yourself unless you love what is truly you, and that is whole house of Israel in which you belong….”

Edited by Calm
4 hours ago, Duncan said:

It comes from the "Characteristic sayings of Lorenzo Snow" found in the June , 1919 I.E.

"A mother who has brought up a family of faithful children
ought to be saved, if she never does another good thing."

Impressive, Duncan  Thanks so much  I hate it when we can’t provide answers