Seriously No Politics ×

New Study leaving social media makes you happier

Metis_LDS

Well, I stopped responding meticulously to every bone-headed political Facebook post that my FBFriends posted, and instead just let them go their own way sans commentary, and it definitely made ME happier.  Now if I could just find a way to stay away from THIS PLACE for longer than a week at a time...

I may check in on FB once a day to see any pictures of our grandkids or comments from friends and other family members. Yet, I can also go days without checking on it. I never use my phone for Facebook. I don't use twinkles, fitfat, or any of the thousand and five other social things out there. Never have been interested in them and not interested in starting them.

52 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

Well, I stopped responding meticulously to every bone-headed political Facebook post that my FBFriends posted, and instead just let them go their own way sans commentary, and it definitely made ME happier.  Now if I could just find a way to stay away from THIS PLACE for longer than a week at a time...

Yes I know that posting this topic here is kinda of like that movie where the TV announcer says turn off your TV.

Oh Well!

I check my Facebook maybe every other month. I use Instagram and a Whatsapp group to stay up to date with my family and close friends and to get pictures and videos of my nieces and nephews and my cousins and their kids. Facebook's format bores me. If I went there more often I would cull my friends list. I also find the Singles groups I have joined useful for calendar updates but less useful as I find people in their 30s and 40s lecturing on how to have a successful romantic relationship and what guys/girls want. If you knew what you were talking about you wouldn't be in the group any more........

On 2/2/2019 at 10:03 PM, The Nehor said:

I find people in their 30s and 40s lecturing on how to have a successful romantic relationship and what guys/girls want. If you knew what you were talking about you wouldn't be in the group any more........

Those who can't do teach.

11 hours ago, ksfisher said:

Those who can't do teach.

Oh man I know a few guys who are in trainwrecks relationship wise lecturing people on tinder dating.  I miss the early days of facebook and myspace, when things were innocent, anymore social media is poison.  I know a few people stalking their exs via linkedin doing everything they can to ruin their careers, my father tried the same with me.