Sign in to follow this  

St George chapel fire

yuck, I hope there were no injuries

Doesn't sound like it.  I think the paper would have reported it.  No one should have been on site at that time and papers usually report injuries of firefighters, don't they?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Calm said:

Doesn't sound like it.  I think the paper would have reported it.  No one should have been on site at that time and papers usually report injuries of firefighters, don't they?

probably something electrical or something like that

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

probably something electrical or something like that

Maybe Bro. Brigham was annoyed again like he was with the height of the St. George temple spire.

• Like 1

I read that it was intentionally set, I feel awful for the St. Georgians!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Duncan said:

I read that it was intentionally set, I feel awful for the St. Georgians!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is upsetting, it looked like it was almost finished.

I watched the local news the other day, and the St. George temple is soon going to close down for some updating. So the members will lose that as well for a time. 

I lived in St. George for a short time and have family there, I wonder if this will affect them, this church burning down.

5 hours ago, Tacenda said:

This is upsetting, it looked like it was almost finished.

I watched the local news the other day, and the St. George temple is soon going to close down for some updating. So the members will lose that as well for a time. 

I lived in St. George for a short time and have family there, I wonder if this will affect them, this church burning down.

it'll be interesting to see how this turns out

We had someone set fire to the Sacrament table and the clerks table in our chapel - didn't catch, but messed up the surface of each. They also sprayed something on the chalkboards in the Reliefs Society room, making it impossible to use.

There are now new rules in force about locking buildings.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this