Sign in to follow this  
poptart

Last horror movie you watched.

Let's have some fun, what's the last horror movie you watched?  I'll start, last one was The Void and before that Heredity. 

I avoid movies classed as horror, but it does depend upon what is "horror" and what is "science fiction."  Some people get them mixed up.  And of course, a SF film could also be classified as horror.  For example, Hitchcock's The Birds is horror, I guess, but it has elements of SF.  Would you classify the Aliens franchise (Alien, Aliens, Aliens vs Predator, etc) as horror, or SF?  Is the film Armageddon horror?  Or just SF? Or both?

My last true or pure horror movie was The Birds which I saw in the theater when I was a kid.  This was before there was a film classification board, because it would surely be classified R these days and I wouldn't have been allowed to see it on my own.  I had to take a break in the middle of the film while I settled my stomach down -- it was clearly a masterful film, but the tension was very high, and I did not enjoy that.  Which is why I avoid these kinds of films.

One horror film that I thought was science fiction was Event Horizon.  I watched it until about midway through it, and then I walked out.  Couldn't deal with it.  Same went for Aliens (second in the series).

I guess you could say I am a scaredy cat.  I'm not too proud to admit it.

Edited by Stargazer

The newest "Halloween", it was kinda dumb.

12 hours ago, strappinglad said:

Hotel Transylvania😏

Hey i watch those movies too, think i watch more cartoons than anything.

Good taste man.

12 hours ago, Stargazer said:

I avoid movies classed as horror, but it does depend upon what is "horror" and what is "science fiction."  Some people get them mixed up.  And of course, a SF film could also be classified as horror.  For example, Hitchcock's The Birds is horror, I guess, but it has elements of SF.  Would you classify the Aliens franchise (Alien, Aliens, Aliens vs Predator, etc) as horror, or SF?  Is the film Armageddon horror?  Or just SF? Or both?

My last true or pure horror movie was The Birds which I saw in the theater when I was a kid.  This was before there was a film classification board, because it would surely be classified R these days and I wouldn't have been allowed to see it on my own.  I had to take a break in the middle of the film while I settled my stomach down -- it was clearly a masterful film, but the tension was very high, and I did not enjoy that.  Which is why I avoid these kinds of films.

One horror film that I thought was science fiction was Event Horizon.  I watched it until about midway through it, and then I walked out.  Couldn't deal with it.  Same went for Aliens (second in the series).

I guess you could say I am a scaredy cat.  I'm not too proud to admit it.

Movies like alien and predator just make me want to go to the gun range, that and make me want to buy HK firearms lol.

Event horizon was good, you missed out.  You could always try the newest IT, was much more like the book. 

9 hours ago, Tacenda said:

The newest "Halloween", it was kinda dumb.

Personal favorite, the wicker man.  Sometimes wish we would do things like that, the ending sure opens up ideas for creative problem solving.

I like suspense movies but not horror movies  but sometimes there is not much difference between the two. We watched Insidious recently. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poptart said:

Movies like alien and predator just make me want to go to the gun range, that and make me want to buy HK firearms lol.

Yes, me too, but then again, I hit the range anyway a couple of times a years, at least.  Or I used to, before I moved to the UK where they think that forbidding gun ownership stops crime.

I'd love an H&K!  Like this, a G3A3 (except the civilian version available in the US is the HK91):

G3a3.gif

2 hours ago, poptart said:

Event horizon was good, you missed out.  You could always try the newest IT, was much more like the book. 

I'm a bit of a scaredy cat, poptart!  I guess I might give it a second shot, upon your recommendation.  I admit I found it intriguing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

Yes, me too, but then again, I hit the range anyway a couple of times a years, at least.  Or I used to, before I moved to the UK where they think that forbidding gun ownership stops crime.

I'd love an H&K!  Like this, a G3A3 (except the civilian version available in the US is the HK91):

G3a3.gif

I'm a bit of a scaredy cat, poptart!  I guess I might give it a second shot, upon your recommendation.  I admit I found it intriguing.

Call me a fanboy, one of my dreamguns is the HKG36.  Thanks to the gunban we ended up with the SL8, the stock sucks but can be swapped out.  I'm terrified what Peloski and her slimeball friends have in mind, these red flag gun seizure laws scare me, so hope the cartels move into their neiborhoods and give em a taste of what the rest of us have had to put up with for years. 

Anyway, yeah that SL8 + the conversion is going to cost me so much and will have to wait till i'm done with my nursing stuff, i'm going to have so much fun when I have the funds for expensive toys...

Also, scaredy cat eh?  lol.....

Edited by poptart

2 hours ago, Stargazer said:

Or I used to, before I moved to the UK where they think that forbidding gun ownership stops crime.

I doubt they think it stops crime, lowering violent crime and murder rates otoh...

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/United-Kingdom/United-States/Crime

urders with firearms 14 
Ranked 39th.
Ranked 4th. 669 times morethan United Kingdom

Murders with firearms per million 0.236 
Ranked 44th.
Ranked 10th. 138 times morethan United Kingdom

Total crimes 6.52 million 
Ranked 2nd.
11.88 million 
Ranked 1st. 82% more than United Kingdom

Total crimes per 1000 109.96 
Ranked 4th. 3 times morethan United States
Ranked 22nd.

Violent crime > Intentional homicide rate 1.17 
Ranked 74th.
Ranked 7th. 4 times more than United Kingdom

Violent crime > Murder rate 722 
Ranked 34th.
Ranked 9th. 18 times morethan United Kingdom

Violent crime > Murder rate per million people 11.68 
Ranked 94th.
Ranked 43th. 4 times morethan United Kingdom

Violent crime > Murders 722 
Ranked 34th.
Ranked 9th. 18 times morethan United Kingdom

Violent crime > Murders per million people 11.68 
Ranked 94th.

51 minutes ago, Calm said:

I doubt they think it stops crime, lowering violent crime and murder rates otoh...

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/United-Kingdom/United-States/Crime

The problem with all that is that the UK didn't have a lot of violent crime before they made gun ownership more difficult.  And despite the laws violent crime is on the rise.

But this is social hall.  Let's not get into this further here.  I'm PMing you with a note.

9 hours ago, bsjkki said:

I like suspense movies but not horror movies  but sometimes there is not much difference between the two. We watched Insidious recently. 

I liked the Insidious franchise. It’s scary but in a fun way (because it’s dumb). 

19 hours ago, Calm said:

I've read they have a lot of stabbings though, also acid attacks.  They have restrictions on knife purchases don't they?  That's kinda dumb i think.  What always bothers me is people forget how much easier it is to kill people with a car vs. A gun.  Unless your trained with a firearm your not going to take out as many people.  Never forget when i was a kid and those two guys who i think were marines robbed a bank in LA, took a lot of LAs SWAT to take em out.  Meanwhile thanks to terrorists driving trucks through city markets they've had to set up roadblocks, in Germany they call em Merkel blocks.

People as a rule are not nice and will always find a way to kill eachother, as a Christian board would think that would be understoon, look at cain and abel.  You start doing like CA, OR and WA people just hide their guns and do nothing when then see some kid getting assaulted.  Besides not wanting to risk a felony for using an illegal firearm, the law abiding people now resent their neibors even more, many times assuming they're gun hating liberals.  Know that's how i felt when i was up there.  Always made more sense to have some sort of mandatory military service for both genders and state as well as nation sponsored marksmanship competitions like the Swiss have.  An armed and properly trained society is a safe and respectful society.