AJC

Spirit memories of the pre-existence

Does anyone know/remember where Joseph F. Smith wrote that at times the Lord allows us to feel our pre-existant spirit memories; not remember them, but feel them.

I could swear i read this a long time ago

Joseph F. Smith said:

“But in coming here, we forgot all, that our agency might be free indeed, to choose good or evil, that we might merit the reward of our own choice and conduct. But by the power of the Spirit, in the redemption of Christ, through obedience, we often catch a spark from the awakened memories of the immortal soul, which lights up our whole being as with the glory of our former home” (Gospel Doctrine, Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1977, pp. 13–14).

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By boblloyd91
      To those that don't know my background I'm an LCSW, and spend my days working with those that have mental health and substance abuse problems. Something that has bothered me more and more is that many people who have problems were born into an environment where they had considerable handicaps (such as abuse, use of drugs etc.) I know that we often hear stories of people who overcome this and lead good happy loves, however in my observation this isn't always the case. 
      I guess my question to you guys is this: how humane is the doctrine of preexistence? Of course it isn't like the doctrine of predestination, which I feel is much worse, however I'm starting to struggle with the idea of spirits being deliberately sent into situations where unimaginable pain and suffering are present
    • By Vance
      In this,
      http://www.mormondia...-pre-existence/
      thread, the Biblical support for the pre-existence was explored. However, some critics seem to think that the support for the pre-existence does not really exist. So, I thought it might be interesting to explore (if there is such) any claimed Biblical teaching that is explicitly against the pre-existence.
      The only one I have come across before is the erroneous use of 1 Cor 15:46-48.
      So, what say you critics?
      Edited to add,
      Ok, ok, in the absence of verses "explicitly" teaching against the pre-existence, are there any that have indications, or presumptions against it?