Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Prof

LDS Tools app issue

Recommended Posts

Folks,

Have any of you had problems logging in to the LDS tools app? It isn't letting me log in on my Kindle. Nor will it let my mom log in with her Kindle or her Android phone. The message states unable to make a secure connection. We can both log in to Lds.org so I don't think we have entered the wrong password.

I've tried messaging lds tech but no response so far. I thought maybe someone on this board may have dealt with the same issue.

Share this post


Link to post

It's working on my iPhone.  Maybe an android issue?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

It works on my wife's android phone but not on my older one. It needs a newer version of Android to work. They also dropped the windows version as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

SeekerB,

Thanks! Do you get a message about unable to make a secure connection?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Prof said:

Folks,

Have any of you had problems logging in to the LDS tools app? It isn't letting me log in on my Kindle. Nor will it let my mom log in with her Kindle or her Android phone. The message states unable to make a secure connection. We can both log in to Lds.org so I don't think we have entered the wrong password.

I've tried messaging lds tech but no response so far. I thought maybe someone on this board may have dealt with the same issue.

Not even know sure how any of it works. In Elders Quorum, when I asked for help with something, I was told; " just go to my IPhone, and to your Church App". When I said I did have it t have any such app, I received a very large laugh. On Sunday, our Bishopric had a combined meeting, is which the entire Bishopric was explaining the upcoming changes, he encouraged us to ask questions. He explained that he wanted a discussion, and not be afraid to ask about anything we don't understand. His first counselor, (my former EQP) started (again) talking about apps, the beauty of "Bluetooth", and how wherever he was in his reading from in his scriptures, when h got in his car, his phone would "sink in" the scriptures". 

So, I asked the Bishop what should those who just use a phone as a phone, and who did not have an app, or use books for scripture? I then got another laugh, and my Bishop abruptly told everyone to "stop it", he told them, I don't use a "Church App", on my phone either. Then others my age and older, told the Bishop "thank you", we too don't know how to do these things, but have been afraid to say so. One thanked me for the courage to say so, to which I replied, "it is not courage, just ignorance and fear of being left behind". The Bishop went on to say, "Brother Bill, I too want, and need to feel the scriptures in my hands, to me it feels warmer, and more personal". He went one to say, "I am not passing judgement on those younger and more, Tech Savvy, but like you, I grew up with a different approach to the study of the scriptures, like you, I want to feel the book(s) in my hand". 

Even when I ask my children, they start talking so fast, and become quite aggravated. Anyway, my youngest is going to try and drag my prehistoric mind into the 21st Century'. But, even then, I am being encouraged  to "create a profile", where I am even to upload a photo, so others in my Ward and Stake will "know who I am". It is very likely, I would have kept pace, with the pace of the Internet, word documents, spreadsheets, whatever. But, due to a crippling accident, I have know worked for an hour in 7 years, and only got an iPhone just recently. So, once I get the "Church App", on my phone, maybe someone my age will take the time showing me how to do other things, without making me feel like the moron I am. Or so it would seem I am, before I am " left behind at the station", so to speak.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

Not even know sure how any of it works. In Elders Quorum, when I asked for help with something, I was told; " just go to my IPhone, and to your Church App". When I said I did have it t have any such app, I received a very large laugh. On Sunday, our Bishopric had a combined meeting, is which the entire Bishopric was explaining the upcoming changes, he encouraged us to ask questions. He explained that he wanted a discussion, and not be afraid to ask about anything we don't understand. His first counselor, (my former EQP) started (again) talking about apps, the beauty of "Bluetooth", and how wherever he was in his reading from in his scriptures, when h got in his car, his phone would "sink in" the scriptures". 

So, I asked the Bishop what should those who just use a phone as a phone, and who did not have an app, or use books for scripture? I then got another laugh, and my Bishop abruptly told everyone to "stop it", he told them, I don't use a "Church App", on my phone either. Then others my age and older, told the Bishop "thank you", we too don't know how to do these things, but have been afraid to say so. One thanked me for the courage to say so, to which I replied, "it is not courage, just ignorance and fear of being left behind". The Bishop went on to say, "Brother Bill, I too want, and need to feel the scriptures in my hands, to me it feels warmer, and more personal". He went one to say, "I am not passing judgement on those younger and more, Tech Savvy, but like you, I grew up with a different approach to the study of the scriptures, like you, I want to feel the book(s) in my hand". 

Even when I ask my children, they start talking so fast, and become quite aggravated. Anyway, my youngest is going to try and drag my prehistoric mind into the 21st Century'. But, even then, I am being encouraged  to "create a profile", where I am even to upload a photo, so others in my Ward and Stake will "know who I am". It is very likely, I would have kept pace, with the pace of the Internet, word documents, spreadsheets, whatever. But, due to a crippling accident, I have know worked for an hour in 7 years, and only got an iPhone just recently. So, once I get the "Church App", on my phone, maybe someone my age will take the time showing me how to do other things, without making me feel like the moron I am. Or so it would seem I am, before I am " left behind at the station", so to speak.  

Papa, I tried to get help from my ward clerk for the longest time. And then was told I could call the church office building. Luckily I did and now I'm finally able to log in and see my new ward's directory. I even uploaded pics of my husband and I too. It was very nice because I got a nice gal to walk me through it. It was because I was using an old account username and LDS.org didn't recognise it. I asked her why my ward clerk wasn't able to help and she said they don't always have the tools to get in and see things. So that's my advice, call the church office building and tell them you need help with the app to get into your account, or whatever else you may need. So glad you had the experience of having others going through the same thing!

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Prof said:

SeekerB,

Thanks! Do you get a message about unable to make a secure connection?

I did. Then I thought I would delete the app and reload it. I deleted it and when I tried to reload it, the message I got was that my device was incompatible with the latest version. It's because my phone is older and  has android 4.something instead of 5.something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Papa, I tried to get help from my ward clerk for the longest time. And then was told I could call the church office building. Luckily I did and now I'm finally able to log in and see my new ward's directory. I even uploaded pics of my husband and I too. It was very nice because I got a nice gal to walk me through it. It was because I was using an old account username and LDS.org didn't recognise it. I asked her why my ward clerk wasn't able to help and she said they don't always have the tools to get in and see things. So that's my advice, call the church office building and tell them you need help with the app to get into your account, or whatever else you may need. So glad you had the experience of having others going through the same thing!

Thank you, the entire point of discussion in meetings, (especially the one we had Sunday) is to educate. In my 25+ years of teaching two nights a week, sometime four, (at a local College) I would tell my students, to always ask questions. Often when students ask questions (something I always pointed out on the first night of each semester) it would allow then to learn, and answer questions that some are too embarrassed to ask. Of course the topics I taught were Electrical Code and Mathmatics, to enable students to take and pass an eight hour long exam, to become licensed Electrical Contractors. So, it was very technical, and very time consuming. Ten weeks of Code and Math, and countless hours of homework I assigned were very taxing, for my students and myself. Any teacher who does not promote questions, or won't take the time to answer (within reason), should pursue another profession or calling.  

Share this post


Link to post

Mark Zuckerberg.....mark of the beast....coincidence?? I think not!! 👿🙈

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SeekerB said:

I did. Then I thought I would delete the app and reload it. I deleted it and when I tried to reload it, the message I got was that my device was incompatible with the latest version. It's because my phone is older and  has android 4.something instead of 5.something.

Thanks for the info! I think I am in the same boat.

Share this post


Link to post

The app stopped working on my old iphone.  I got a new phone and then it worked.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I had a nice experience just after Sacrament meeting last Sunday.  An elderly brother (hey, wait a minute, I'm the same age!) stopped me and asked how he could highlight verses in the Gospel Library app.  I reached down, touched the screen and demoed it!  He got it right away, which either means he is brilliant, or I know how to show how things work.  It took me quite some time before I could figure it out for myself.  Being stubborn, I wouldn't ask anyone how to do it.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...