Seriously No Politics ×

Mormon appreciation thread.

poptart

13 hours ago, poptart said:

Dawned on me, despite their faults Mormons are a really good people.  Was just wishing a good friend a happy new year, he grew up Catholic and he's now lapsed and proud.  While I wish Mormons had more bling and the solemnity other religions had, as a people they sure can be nice.  I'm still talking to a mormon friend in WA, like moms BYUH classmates he sure cares.  Dawned on me that the whole experience I had with the catholic church ended bad, judgement and all.  The good they do in the pacific islands is also very much appreciated, mom and a lot of her relatives praise you guys to the skies. 

Poptart, this reminds of the term "a backhanded compliment". But I know your intentions were good. You crack me up sometimes, or it's very late and I need to go to bed. Happy New Year, always enjoy your comments!

Edited by Tacenda
16 hours ago, The Nehor said:

If you want me to have more bling please donate to my gofundme campaign,

Can always join my religion, blingtology.  We use some Kanye and 50 cent for our music, esp. new slaves and pimp.  Willie nelson and Snoop are saints too.

17 hours ago, Prof said:

Nice thoughts, Poptart!

I try.

11 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Poptart, this reminds of the term "a backhanded compliment". But I know your intentions were good. You crack me up sometimes, or it's very late and I need to go to bed. Happy New Year, always enjoy your comments!

At least i'm honest.  Also hey, pointing out the obvious.  Mormon neibors are nice to have, the area around the temple here in denver is clean and safe, doubt people go there to sell cocaine and what not to people. 

2 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Oh Poptart....I hope I don't have to reconvert to be your friend!!!😋

Reconvert to what? 

Edited by poptart
32 minutes ago, poptart said:

Can always join my religion, blingtology.  We use some Kanye and 50 cent for our music, esp. new slaves and pimp.  Willie nelson and Snoop are saints too.

I try.

At least i'm honest.  Also hey, pointing out the obvious.  Mormon neibors are nice to have, the area around the temple here in denver is clean and safe, doubt people go there to sell cocaine and what not to people. 

Reconvert to what? 

Mormon.  I resigned over 10 years ago...

On 1/1/2019 at 8:13 PM, Jeanne said:

Mormon.  I resigned over 10 years ago...

You're still Mormon, Jeanne!  You only resigned from being a Latter-day Saint!  I bet you're still a saint, though!