Sign in to follow this  
strappinglad

Pope's speech on abuse

Strong statement on previous covering of abuse and telling abusers to step forward. I'll let you guys google it.

50 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

Strong statement on previous covering of abuse and telling abusers to step forward. I'll let you guys google it.

I can't find the whole speech from yesterday (the annual papal Christmas message), but it apparently covers a wide range of issues.  See https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2018/12/21/hand-yourself-over-human-justice-pope-francis-tells-priests-guilty-abuse-that-church-wont-shield-them/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.139a9f983df9 .

Many Roman Catholic observers are very critical of the Pope for his recent efforts to protect abusive cardinals and to allow them to run the Curia.

• Like 1

I saw parts of his speech early this morning on national news...was very impressed.   This speech should be something relatively heard in conference.

7 hours ago, Jeanne said:

I saw parts of his speech early this morning on national news...was very impressed.   This speech should be something relatively heard in conference.

Did you mean that it should really be heard in an LDS Conference?

11 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Did you mean that it should really be heard in an LDS Conference?

Well...yes. with  more coming from the perspective of members. 

• Like 2

I was not impressed with the speech. It was a call for abusers to turn themselves in. Nothing about condemnation for the systematic cover ups.

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Nothing about condemnation for the systematic cover ups

He did say there would be no more covering up sanctioned, no? That of course doesn't condemn past actions as the finger pointing might include aiming at him or others close to him.

Sign in to follow this