Sign in to follow this  
ksfisher

Church donates $400,000 to homeless shelter

How come the Mormon church never does anything to help the homeless?................. Oh.... never mind.

Is there any way to verify that the money was actually given? Also, can we verify that each dollar donated actually was spent on the homeless or was it diverted to pay for temples or janitorial work somewhere else?  Was it real money or monopoly money?  Can anyone really know?  Smells like a sham to me. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Storm Rider said:

Is there any way to verify that the money was actually given? Also, can we verify that each dollar donated actually was spent on the homeless or was it diverted to pay for temples or janitorial work somewhere else?  Was it real money or monopoly money?  Can anyone really know?  Smells like a sham to me. 

Right. Someone not associated with either organization, needs to go there and demand to see the check that was written, check the bank account to make sure all of it was deposited and then spend a few weeks there and monitor the financial records, making sure each dime is being spent on helping the homeless, and not just the Church member homeless. And then  they need to write up a finance report accounting for every penny and this report is to be shared with anyone who wants to see it. Only then will I be satisfied that it all really happened. And if it really did happen why is the church bragging about it to the news outlets. I thought alms were supposed to be given in secret like Jesus taught.  🙄🙄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Storm Rider said:

Here is a quotation from the article:

The center serves families with children, including single fathers, single mothers, and two parent families, said Alicia Gleed, The Road Home's director of marketing and communications. Mecham said the donation goes directly to benefit the parents and children, not to administrative costs.

The foundation has made annual donations to The Road Home for years.

There is nothing new here.  LDS Charities has been donating to this center for years.

Edited by Robert F. Smith

Sarcasm is difficult when not in person; it is easier to miss.  

I have grown overly tired of the tone of questioning when the Church does anything. It has become rather absurd the lengths individuals will go to find fault. Thankfully, the Church keeps trying to serve God's children regardless of the incessant criticism. 

• Like 3

But you do not understand. The church has much more money. They should have given ten times that amount!

charity.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

But you do not understand. The church has much more money. They should have given ten times that amount!

charity.png

Everytime some critic complains about what the Church spends money on, I am reminded of Judas complaining about the spikenard that Mary used to anoint Jesus' feet, saying it should have been sold to help the poor.

• Like 4

Would be interesting to find the charitable donations for a few of the critics and publish them. I  recall when the donation amounts from Romney were shown. It was so much that critics had nothing to say. They would not say anything positive of course , but at least they stayed neutral. Someone then published the donations from other leaders. Again, crickets...

On 12/20/2018 at 5:56 PM, Storm Rider said:

Right before tax season, great timing!! ;) 

14 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Right before tax season, great timing!! ;) 

What does that have to do with it?

5 hours ago, ksfisher said:

What does that have to do with it?

Write off, but I guess my kidding didn't go over well. Just trying to be funny. 

On 12/24/2018 at 6:47 PM, Tacenda said:

Write off, but I guess my kidding didn't go over well. Just trying to be funny. 

This is one thing I have found - if I am going to donate $100 anyway, but declare it on my taxes then it gives me 12-37 %  whatever it is, back to me which I can then donate to charity as well. Can you imagine what just 12% more could do for charities?  I love it!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this