Seriously No Politics ×

Sister missionaries in dress slacks...what what what.

2 hours ago, juliann said:

Rather ill-fitting. 

Agreed. We had a combined-ward sacrament meeting yesterday. The opening prayer was given by a woman in the other ward. She returned from a mission to Brazil about a year ago. She was wearing black and white pants, a red top and red heels. It looked very dressy and ‘appropriate’.

Edited by Hamba Tuhan
22 hours ago, Hamba Tuhan said:

...The opening prayer was given by a woman in the other ward...She was wearing black and white pants, a red top and red heels. It looked very dressy and ‘appropriate’.

I see no "inappropriateness" there either... 

1 hour ago, amo said:

I see no "inappropriateness" there either... 

Not sure but could a rabbi call this a violation of the law against clothing of "divers sorts" ?   Deuteronomy 22:11  If we bend Jesus' words far enough we could claim this divers sorts applies not just to dying hair but against dying textiles different colors apart from their natural state.  Matthew 5:36

Edited by blueglass
On 12/21/2018 at 9:36 AM, Amulek said:

Whenever they're called to serve in Samoa (link).

Though if you plan on telling a big Samoan guy that his lava lava is a skirt, you might want to be friends first. ;) 

Scotland too: kilts

On 12/21/2018 at 10:02 AM, pogi said:

I found this paragraph interesting:

It looks like some cultural relics are hard to ditch. 

Even zone conferences?  I simply don't understand why pants are not okay for church etc.  Are they somehow less respectful or something?  What is the possible justification for this request -  because I find them to be much more modest than many skirts that I see at church.

I think female investigators would be happy to see slacks in church as well, some women today don't even own dresses or skirts.

On 12/22/2018 at 11:07 AM, blueglass said:

“abomination" 

Deuteronomy 22:5

Synonym is now "atrumpnation" but that hasn't made it to the dictionary yet.

3 hours ago, pogi said:

I think that will take awhile as "obamanation" is still pending approval.  

Well at least somebody got it!  I can always count on you!!  ;)

On 12/25/2018 at 3:28 PM, Anijen said:

In the minority here, although I do not oppose the pants policy, I still prefer to see sisters in dresses on their mission and in church. Just old I guess, and the original always seems better than the new song...

My dad thinks the same. I love the idea of pants at church while being in nursery with the little kids. It would be so helpful with dealing with them.

• 4 weeks later...

Fed the sisters tonite, one was wearing slacks. I never said a peep about it. The elders, after the sisters left, said that she and another sister wear pants sometimes but they haven't seen others wearing them but they aren't around all the sisters all the time

11 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Fed the sisters tonite, one was wearing slacks. I never said a peep about it. The elders, after the sisters left, said that she and another sister wear pants sometimes but they haven't seen others wearing them but they aren't around all the sisters all the time

I would hope so given it's winter time up there....and you guys know how to do winter right (I miss blizzards and feet deep snow and my nostrils sticking together).

Edited by Calm