Olympics 2030

I remember the first olympics and how much my dad hated the idea of it coming to Utah. I wonder how I'll feel if I'm still around by 2030. I wonder if the church still wants it this go round, like it did the first one, for a way to convert.

I have to wonder if we will have another “Mormon minute”. Especially since we aren’t Mormon anymore lol

I think it's interesting that this would also be during the year of the 200th anniversary of the organization of the Church, and the Restoration.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Gillebre said:

I think it's interesting that this would also be during the year of the 200th anniversary of the organization of the Church, and the Restoration.

I hadn’t even thought of that

We were only selected for the US bid, right?  That means it is not a sealed deal yet.  These are just the primaries. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, pogi said:

We were only selected for the US bid, right?  That means it is not a sealed deal yet.  These are just the primaries. 

Could be. I may have misread

35 minutes ago, pogi said:

Yes.  We were selected as the US bid city.  There are still all the other countries bidding.  The choice won't be made till 2023 I think.

Edited by JLHPROF

Calgary , AB recently voted against presenting a bid for the 2026 winter Olympics. They mostly saw it as a money losing event that would not help the current slump in the energy sector. There are only a couple of cities still vying for 2026.