Sign in to follow this  
rockpond

Hype for April 2019 Conference

17 minutes ago, ALarson said:

I do wonder if there will be some hardening down in another area (possibly the gay issue somehow) to balance out or make up for the softening of the SSM policy.  Like I said, one step forward and many members are celebrating it, but let's wait and see if there's going to be two steps backwards coming.

We won't have to wait much longer (to know of any change that's going to be announced in GC).

We'll see, although for some reason I don't think that will be the case. No idea though!

1 minute ago, Gray said:

We'll see, although for some reason I don't think that will be the case.

I hope not.  I doubt they will even want to bring this issue up.  But there does need to be more clarity for this new release at least for local leaders, IMO.  That can be handled privately though of course.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ALarson said:

I hope not.  I doubt they will even want to bring this issue up.  But there does need to be more clarity for this new release at least for local leaders, IMO.  That can be handled privately though of course.

Not to worry.  Someone will provide some "helpful" leaks, I'm sure.

Edited by Kenngo1969
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Not to worry.  Someone will provide some "helpful" leaks, I'm surel.

Lol

I hope we get more than leaks :) 

10 hours ago, ALarson said:

Lol

I hope we get more than leaks :) 

If the original policy hadn't been leaked, there's a very good chance that nobody ever would have made the hay out of it that they did.  (You probably disagree, and that's fine, but that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.  I wish you well.)

28 minutes ago, Kenngo1969 said:

If the original policy hadn't been leaked, there's a very good chance that nobody ever would have made the hay out of it that they did.  (You probably disagree, and that's fine, but that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.  I wish you well.)

Yes, for people to “make hay” they had to be aware of the policy, so at some point it would have needed to have gone public.

For anyone to notice it’s addition to the digital version of the handbook a letter would have had to go out to Bishoprics and Stake presidencies.  That is roughly 150,000 people.   Do you really think nobody would have gone public and leaked the policy?

Actually, I know the answer because I was in a bishopric at the time and if the policy hadn’t been leaked, I like would have done it. 

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, rockpond said:

Yes, for people to “make hay” they had to be aware of the policy, so at some point it would have needed to have gone public.

For anyone to notice it’s addition to the digital version of the handbook a letter would have had to go out to Bishoprics and Stake presidencies.  That is roughly 150,000 people.   Do you really think nobody would have gone public and leaked the policy?

Actually, I know the answer because I was in a bishopric at the time and if the policy hadn’t been leaked, I like would have done it. 

Well, it shouldn’t have been kept a secret.  If it was a policy affecting members, we should know about it.  I can’t imagine the leaders writing a policy that they would need to hide or be ashamed of anyway.  The leaking just probably got it out there a bit sooner.  

Edited by JulieM

So I guess the rumors were either false this time or that the changes will come out via email and church statements like the most recent changes. 

1 minute ago, 10THAmendment said:

So I guess the rumors were either false this time or that the changes will come out via email and church statements like the most recent changes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 10THAmendment said:

I’m a little humbled. 😕

24 minutes ago, 10THAmendment said:

...they're coming

I can't say how I know...But absolutely watch next session, gonna be big

• Like 2

Just now, SteveO said:

I’m intrigued...

41 minutes ago, 10THAmendment said:

The changes were announced in the second session Saturday, as part of the releases and sustainings... is that what you mean? President Eyring covered that in some detail in the priesthood session: https://www.thechurchnews.com/leaders-and-ministry/2019-04-06/general-conference-april-2019-president-eyring-lds-mormon-sustaining-leaders-priesthood-home-49463

35 minutes ago, SteveO said:

I am eagerly watching as I type!!!!!

2 hours ago, SteveO said:

• Like 1

I kept waiting for Pres. Nelson to say at the very last moment..."And BTW, ...." ...about the missionaries length of time in the field, haha. But knew deep down it wasn't coming. :)

2 hours ago, SteveO said:

Your source lied. :lol:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 10THAmendment said:

That was a fail...😑

Well, the guy said they were bringing in a new camera to get audience reactions...

Could’ve been just a replacement...😂

Edited by SteveO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, juliann said:

We’ve been trolled!

Hey now!  New Temples!!!  That’s not a total let down!!!

On 12/29/2018 at 9:42 PM, rockpond said:

There were big changes proposed, but they were for each of us to make internally.

• Like 2

I'm really excited about Hungary getting a Temple. I can't imagine how far they have to travel

• Like 4