Seriously No Politics ×

Hype for April 2019 Conference

2 hours ago, MiserereNobis said:

Yes, I was just joking around :) But if I were to write an LDS version of the Da Vinci Code, I'd probably put Scott in there somewhere (no doubt in the highly secure translation room in the SLC temple...)

Write it! 

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, bluebell said:

This GA was quick to say though that more changes were coming and that Pres. Nelson was not kidding when he said we needed to buckle our seat belts and eat our vitamins.  That's all he would say though.

Our stake presidency was reorganised earlier this month. In our training afterwards with the general authority who presided over the process, he told us that recently implemented changes had all been under consideration and in development for years, in some cases for decades. But the timing has to be right, and there's no point doing something until the Lord signs off on it. And yes, much more is to come.

15 minutes ago, Hamba Tuhan said:

Our stake presidency was reorganised earlier this month. In our training afterwards with the general authority who presided over the process, he told us that recently implemented changes had all been under consideration and in development for years, in some cases for decades. But the timing has to be right, and there's no point doing something until the Lord signs off on it. And yes, much more is to come.

I think with all the hype about changes at conference you wonder if anyone would listen to anyone else other than President Nelson. I can't imagine Elder Celestino W. Bluefin of the 70 to announce anything

3 hours ago, Duncan said:

I think with all the hype about changes at conference you wonder if anyone would listen to anyone else other than President Nelson. I can't imagine Elder Celestino W. Bluefin of the 70 to announce anything

I didn't realise people are tuning into General Conference primarily for announcements. I'm looking for inspired directions and clear calls to repentance.

Edited by Hamba Tuhan
On 6/28/2019 at 10:50 AM, bluebell said:

It's probably not quite rumor season yet.  I also think that people have learned their lesson a bit

The next rumormongering will likely be for the fifth Sunday in September, when second hour is supposed to focus on the new youth program. Since we know the subject already the guessing game is less fun.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:37 PM, Hamba Tuhan said:

I didn't realise people are tuning into General Conference primarily for announcements. I'm looking for inspired directions and clear calls to repentance.

I want both plus angelic visitations but I take what I can get. :)