Seriously No Politics ×

Heaven always does what is right

I am breaking my promise to never post again for this topic.

Refute or support this statement with scripture

"In dealing with people on earth Heaven always does what is right No Matter the Cost"

I take this as an article of faith for myself.

Edited by Metis_LDS
spelling
18 minutes ago, Metis_LDS said:

"In dealing with people on earth Heaven always does what is right No Matter the Cost"

What does the quote mean by 'heaven'?

40 minutes ago, Metis_LDS said:

Zech 5:

3 Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it.

4 I will bring it forth, saith the Lord of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

5 Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto me, Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth.

6 And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.

7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.

8 And he said, This is wickedness.

3 minutes ago, Avatar4321 said:

Forgive me, but I don’t understand the point of this thread.

the Lord always does what’s right. Or He would cease to be God as we learned from Alma.

the Book of Mormon was written to show men that God keeps His promises to His covenant children

The point is that we do not always see God doing right in terms of cost.  Costs are what make it all real.

Edited by Metis_LDS
missing word
12 minutes ago, bluebell said:

I'm not sure what you mean by cost.  Can you clarify?

Look how about a friend story (no really).  I had a friend who had done much for the Kingdom of Heaven on earth.

He got a revelation in the Temple not to do something ( the thing in of itself was not wrong to do).  But even though

this was the strongest revelation he ever had he went against it.  He then was harmed by doing what he was told not to

do and was also went some crazy over going against the warning.  We as humans would maybe hold back and say

well it is the right thing to warn but what about possible harm.  No Games here I am Pro God, Gospel etc... Heaven did

the right thing for my friend but there are always costs.

7 minutes ago, Metis_LDS said:

Look how about a friend story (no really).  I had a friend who had done much for the Kingdom of Heaven on earth.

He got a revelation in the Temple not to do something ( the thing in of itself was not wrong to do).  But even though

this was the strongest revelation he ever had he went against it.  He then was harmed by doing what he was told not to

do and was also went some crazy over going against the warning.  We as humans would maybe hold back and say

well it is the right thing to warn but what about possible harm.  No Games here I am Pro God, Gospel etc... Heaven did

the right thing for my friend but there are always costs.

It seems like the cost was  caused by the friend not listening and were not caused by Heaven. 

8 minutes ago, bluebell said:

It seems like the cost was  caused by the friend not listening and were not caused by Heaven. 

I am sad you have missed the point,  I did not say or intend to say this was caused by Heaven. 

Heaven did right, the warning ignored caused pain ( he told me about that pain).  We humans hesitate and weigh things up and then do no act.  Heaven must act on what is right no matter what comes after.

Edited by Metis_LDS
spelling and format
2 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

What do you mean by "right"?

Right according to justice?  Right according to Mercy?  Right according to God's Purpose?

32 minutes ago, Metis_LDS said:

I am sad you have missed the point,  I did not say or intend to say this was caused by Heaven. 

Heaven did right, the warning ignored caused pain ( he told me about that pain).  We humans hesitate and weigh things up and then do no act.  Heaven must act on what is right no matter what comes after.

Maybe you can clarify how  you think the rejection of revelation was tied to the costs and what you think .Heaven could have done to prevent those costs by not doing right.

1 minute ago, Calm said:

What do you mean by "right"?

Right according to justice?  Right according to Mercy?  Right according to God's Purpose?

I imagine that for each case of Heavenly action there is Heavenly

agreement on some level.  You talk about Justice and Mercy that I know is complicated in the least.

Gods Purposes, if God instruct an Angel to do something then maybe that becomes what is right.

Sorry I can not give you more info about what is right in Heaven.

3 minutes ago, Calm said:

Maybe you can clarify how  you think the rejection of revelation was tied to the costs and what you think .Heaven could have done to prevent those costs by not doing right.

Without revelation there would have been no pain of rejecting it this answers both your questions.

Again I feel Heaven did right by warning. After all this I do not want Heaven to change what was done.

But I am surprised by the posts I am getting (not just your)

DO people really want to think that Heaven is harmless???

1 minute ago, Metis_LDS said:

I imagine that for each case of Heavenly action there is Heavenly

agreement on some level.  You talk about Justice and Mercy that I know is complicated in the least.

Gods Purposes, if God instruct an Angel to do something then maybe that becomes what is right.

Sorry I can not give you more info about what is right in Heaven.

Then I don't see how you can determine  your premise if you can't define the terms well enough to compare to specifics.  So it becomes an article of faith.

The Heaven will do Right no matter what the cost...what if the cost is the sucess of God's chosen purpose?  How can you tell doing what is right will never interfere with God's purpose if you can't say what right actually means in this case?

If you mean what is right is anything that fulfills God's Purpose, then you need to explain what actual costs are attached to it.  What you see as "costs" may be the result of the illusions of mortality (is the pain of surgery really a cost if it removes other greater pain or just part of the process, for example?)

9 minutes ago, Metis_LDS said:

what is harmless? it is all relative - all depends on what your goals are.

In this holiday season - do you give someone what they want so they want what you give them.. love the present love the giver sort of a deal?  . or... give them what we think they need even if they might not (immediately?) appreciate it?  God gives us what we need, rather than what we want, which creates a few disagreements at times...  the gifts are not earthly, not power or money or popularity - the gifts given are humble hearts and contrite spirits...  we can accept them, or seek other things, our own free will.  

There is more than one Spirit who will willingly accompany us through this life - choose your spiritual companions - choose your tests - decide what is harmful and what is helpful - or choose to see everything as helpful... choose what gifts are most important - choose your eternal kingdom... choose your heaven.

Edited by changed
8 minutes ago, Metis_LDS said:

Without revelation there would have been no pain of rejecting it this answers both your questions.

Again I feel Heaven did right by warning. After all this I do not want Heaven to change what was done.

But I am surprised by the posts I am getting (not just your)

I think you are getting the posts you are because you are not clear in your meaning.  I am asking questions to see where you are taking this, not because I disagree.  I don't understand what you mean (it could mean multiple things), so at this point I don't agree or disagree.

There would have been a cost if Heaven had withheld the revelation if he had been able to accept it.  

Also, You have no way of knowing if there would have been a greater cost if the revelation had been withheld even knowing he would reject it in the manner that he did because there might have been some harm avoided by his greater awareness due to the revelation, even if he didn't take advantage of the full benefit.

There are "costs" (consequences) whether we act or don't act, even if someone has perfect knowledge as God does.

Edited by Calm
8 minutes ago, Calm said:

Then I don't see how you can determine  your premise if you can't define the terms well enough to compare to specifics.  So it becomes an article of faith.

The Heaven will do Right no matter what the cost...what if the cost is the sucess of God's chosen purpose?  How can you tell doing what is right will never interfere with God's purpose if you can't say what right actually means in this case?

If you mean what is right is anything that fulfills God's Purpose, then you need to explain what actual costs are attached to it.  What you see as "costs" may be the result of the illusions of mortality (is the pain of surgery really a cost if it removes other greater pain or just part of the process, for example?)

(what if the cost is the sucess of God's chosen purpose?) We know from scriptures that God does not work against himself.  

(How can you tell doing what is right will never interfere with God's purpose if you can't say what right actually means in this case?)  I do not know what is always right but Heaven follows the plan of Salvation so there must be rights according to that in Heaven).

(If you mean what is right is anything that fulfills God's Purpose, then you need to explain what actual costs are attached to it.)

Well an easy one is that about a third of pre-exsiting spirits will not be getting a body.

I never said I want it to become an article of faith I said it is one for me as a person.

Edited by Metis_LDS
added a sentence

Just now, Metis_LDS said:

Well an easy one is that about a third of pre-exsiting spirits will not be getting a body.

But if that is what they really want...and they chose it knowing the consequences as far as we are aware...is it really a cost?  For them?  Or for God?